Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 Flooding

Options
  • 03-06-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

How bad is this flooding? I have to say "flooding" and "M50" are not words I'd put together. I assume that in all the planning and upgrades they will take account of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

there could be issues with water run off because of the roadworks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Nuttzz wrote:
    there could be issues with water run off because of the roadworks

I'd agree with that too. Taylors Lane is a building site like the M50 ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I used boths stretches this morning around 10am, Taylor's Lane was indeed flooded at its lowest point where it acts like a sump. Not much they could do about it I'd say. Still 'navigable' however (I just tore into it tbh). Didn't see any flooding on the M50 but I'd be disgusted if it flooded between the N7 and N4-it's mostly raised on an embankment for heaven's sake. The roadworks should not cause flooding and if they do there's a major problem. The real issue as usual is simply a lack of regular maintenance which should involve gully and drain clearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There was very heavy rain yesterday, in fairness. I've see flooding on the M50 before, near Blanchardstown. I always think on days like yesterday, that council workers should be out looking around for where these floods occur. There are many places where you will always see them when you get heavy rain, both on roads and on footpaths. On a day like yesterday, it would be easy for the council to identify them and to then come back at another time and do something to stop the floods happening again. A new drain, put in the right place, would solve most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

On Sunday I was on the M50 around 2pm, I was diverted on to the new central lane between the N7 and the N4. They were pumping water away from the margin between the road and the new lanes, which are somewhat raised at this point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement