Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble with lifebook c1110

Options
  • 02-06-2007 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

hi ive had this c1110 for about 3 yrs and ho hassle whatsoever until about 6 months ago it started to act up when coming back out of standby. it would just sit there and not get back into windows and force me to hold down the power button and do a full reboot.

recently it started having problems even powering up at all. i would touch the power button and all that would happen was the fans would start spinning (much louder than normal operation btw) but the screeen wouldnt work and it wouldnt boot into windows.

Now it has stopped powering up at all showing the same symptoms as shown above. Unless that is i try boot it up while it is upside down!!

When i touch the power button while it is exactly upside down it will boot almost as far as windows, giving me the light blue screen that you see just before you get into your desktop and icons etc.

Isnt that strange? does anyone have any idea's what might cause this and how to fix an other wise good reliable laptop? the ram and hdd seem fine. any ideas?
    I'll probably just take it all apart and then reassemble to see if that helps but im stumped.

the battery seems ok, having it pluged into the wall doesnt seem to have any affect?

I suspect all the times where i held down the power switch when the laptop would come out of standy have affected it some how.

any tips? or any idea's where i might get a dissassembly guide for a lifebook c series? the fujitsu site isnt easy to search?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

I've a lifebook C1110D that started exhibiting very similar behaviour - it started off just freezing and then would totally die after about 5 mins use in Windows.

I sent it to Fujitsu, they said the motherboard was broken and I would need a new "base unit" which is basically everything under the keyboard. 400 quid plus, no thanks.

I brought it to a PC repair company in Phibsboro - as a temporary fix they "mechanically stressed" the motherboard and it worked OK for a few months.

It's doing the same thing now again ...

If you have any success please post - can't bear to get rid of it cos the screen, case, memory, HDD are all fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

well i took it all apart but thats not really helped. it looks like it f00ked!! ah well i got great use out of it for nearly 4 yrs now. onto a dell now i think...
    good luck!

Advertisement