Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGRH Hangover thread (only post here if you have a hangover)

Options
  • 02-06-2007 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

I just had to start this thread Brothers ... my brain hurts ... I think I'm wearing an internal balaclava.

What happened last night with the drinking thread :confused:

I tried manfully to keep up with the lunacy of Brother DarkJager and his compatriots, but the three beers I had after work, combined with a full bottle of Captain Morgan's finest Spiced rum basically knocked the bollix outta me.

I need the Three S's, followed by a good fry up, and mebbe a hair of the dog. Who's with me ?

The only thing I am proud of last night is that I didn't drink any of that fuppin Bud :cool:

Ooh my head! Where's the Solpadeine ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm with ya brother Trout, I'm totally gosed. Even the motion of moving my fingers to type is making me feel like throwing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i couple of packets of this should do

anadin_extra_soluble_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

My head is actually grand this morning, for some reason, despite my best efforts with a combination of red wine and heineken.

When that wife of mine wakes up, I tell ya.......

She won't find her laptop, that's for bloody sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

I think mugs of hot sweet builders tea are a good thing on mornings like this.

Brother Tom ... by any chance does Mrs Dunne have access to your sign-on ? If you read back on some of your posts yesterday, it would appear you have been sabotaged ... seriously, frappachinos and "I like Bambi" ??

Women and their wily ways :rolleyes:

Or else, you have Mrs Dunnes account and it was really you flirting by proxy (ha ha) last night :confused:

My poor head still hurts ... it's all a blur ... never again, never again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

trout wrote:
    Brother Tom ... by any chance does Mrs Dunne have access to your sign-on ? If you read back on some of your posts yesterday, it would appear you have been sabotaged ... seriously, frappachinos and "I like Bambi" ??

No, brother Trout, I can assure you she doesn't. I was going through some strange reaction to the sun. Or something.
    trout wrote:
    Or else, you have Mrs Dunnes account and it was really you flirting by proxy (ha ha) last night :confused:

No, I can assure you that was her on the laptop. Next thing you know, she'll be in the snug with Irishbird and Miss Fluff. :eek:

My head is now starting to hurt. I am going back to bed. I've a long drive to Kilkenny ahead of me today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Two Alka Seltzer and a bottle of deep riverrock pure sparkling water always sorts me out - no matter how bad the hangover. I had the mother of all hangovers a few weeks ago and have decided to take it handy until the Galway races in August. The big girl that I am, my metabolism is slowing down majorly. Damn hangovers. *shakes fist*

I had a huge delicious chinese last night brothers but no beer and still woke up with a hang over today and tasting that chinese repeating on me.

What am I to do about that brothers?

Oh and worse than that brothers,I'm losing weight as a result of the dehydration and diarhoea I now have.

Is there any hope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Tristrame mate, you need to flush it out of you. Drink bucket loads of water, but take 2 Alka Seltzer first. If you are having stomach pains later on in the day then try some motilium (sp?). But first, 2 Alka Seltzer and then get yourself a bottle of sparkling water. You'll be grand in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Boys, the only cure for a hangover is to have your HP, then go back to bed and feel sorry for yourself! (HP = hangover poo)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've a 3/10 hangover this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I don't think I could even raise a 1/10 this morning. Eight pints and nothing!!

I have escalated to about a 5/10!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my heads a bit fuzzy and i am tired, people keep talking to me but nothing is making sense in my addled little mind - i can hear is "blah, blah, blah, lucntime deadline"

irishbird wrote:
    my heads a bit fuzzy and i am tired, people keep talking to me but nothing is making sense in my addled little mind - i can hear is "blah, blah, blah, lucntime deadline"

Take a half day!!

petes wrote:
    Take a half day!!

am on a two hour lunch break 12 - 2 and then finishing at 4pm, and then for a cure or two :D

petes wrote:
    Take a half day!!

am on a two hour lunch break 12 - 2 and then finishing at 4pm, and then for a cure or two :D

irishbird wrote:
    and then for a cure or two :D

Or three ;)

8/10 today. I'm fucked!

Ouch Petes....are you at that level where you throw up just from moving your eyes or is that a 10/10? :)

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote:
    Ouch Petes....are you at that level where you throw up just from moving your eyes or is that a 10/10? :)

Ah no thats a 9/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭sioda

Kopperberg pear WHY WHY 8/10 here

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Jaysus brothers, I'm in some pain as I type here. Was out last night and against my better judgement I wwent on the sambuca's. Needless to say I'm fúcked. Looks like I'm not going to accomplish much at work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Jaysus brothers, I'm in some pain as I type here. Was out last night and against my better judgement I wwent on the sambuca's. Needless to say I'm fúcked. Looks like I'm not going to accomplish much at work today.

A normal day at the office then. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

smashey wrote:
    A normal day at the office then. :D

I left the toilet fairey a nice present today so I accomplished nore today than I do most days :D I think I deserve a raise.

between 7 and 8/10 here brothers... And 5 hours of work left :(

who is doing the breakfast run?? i need strong coffee and a bagel and cream cheese, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭sioda

Why OH why did I drink a second jug of sex on the beach

Advertisement