Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy economics lecturer in UCC

Options
  • 02-06-2007 5:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Does anyone know the economic lecturer in UCC with the below blog?

WWW.atlanticblog.com

Whats he like? He gives out about people wearing peoples republic of cork t-shirts (offensive to non-communists like himself!!), is seriously pro gun and generally seems to just hate most things Irish.Basically he seems like a nut job, and I'm really curouis to see if he really is.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

dont do economics but one of the lads was telling me about some crazy lecturer who took a week off last year because he thought ucc was going to be attacked by terrorists

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

Haven't heard of him before but from reading his blog - while I disagree with a lot of what he says - I don't think he's a nutjob but rather puts his opinions forward a lot differently to how many Irish would (from his Scandinavian background)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

embraer170 wrote:
    (from his Scandinavian background)
    He has a Nordic background but he's most definitely a Yank.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Shutuplaura

No, he's an American. I was thinking that it was just a poor writing style or a joke gone over my head that makes him seem nuts but wasn't sure - hence the question. His opinions are bananas some of the time but thats what blogs are for - airing your crazy beliefs. its just he seems more nuts than that. Being offended by peoples republic of cork t-shirts is the tip of the iceberg. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to live and wonder...

Advertisement