Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport to Busaras

Options
  • 01-06-2007 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need to get from Dublin Airport to busaras this sunday, what bus do I need to get and approx. how long would it take...also, how much would a taxi cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=747
    Taxi? *shrug* too much. 20-30 euro I should imagine. someone else can fill us in.

Alt. bus routes that'll take you to town and then you could walk... if you need 'em: http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/airport_services.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

JoseJones wrote:
    Hi, I need to get from Dublin Airport to busaras this sunday, what bus do I need to get and approx. how long would it take...also, how much would a taxi cost?

747 or 748 is the best bet at EUR 6 - given that Dublin are playing Meath in Croke Park I would expect that it will divert via the Port Tunnel.

Under normal traffic conditions 35-40 minutes journey time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The 748 is the quickest as it's first stop is Busaras, as long as there are no traffic delays from the GAA it should take 25-30 mns.

The 747 runs via O'connell Street and should take 30-35mns.

Of the regular buses the 41 will leave you closest to Busaras and it is quicker than the 16A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

Check the following website for details of the airport bus service

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/airport_services.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Thanks for the replies lads, just one more question: is there a bus stop near the long term car park? thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

JoseJones wrote:
    Thanks for the replies lads, just one more question: is there a bus stop near the long term car park? thanks.

That depends on what bus you are taken and which long term car park you are looking for.Its nearly always best to get of in the airport as all the long term car parks have free shuttle buses to take you into the long term car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

JoseJones wrote:
    I'm presuming you mean 'Dublin Bus' bus stops:

Green Long Term - bus stop near it's entrance opposite Kealy's Pub.
    Red Long Term - bus stop outside ALSAA near the entrance.
    Blue Long Term - no.
    Purple Long Term - not really (too complicated to explain).
    QuickPark - south of the entrance on the opposite side of the road.

It's not that pratical unless you are familiar with the area, the car parks and routes. As Dub13 says, it's better to get the shuttle bus to the terminal first and then get the bus you require.

PS - The 747/748 leave from Bus Stop No.1 on the arrivals road (first Dublin Bus bus stop on the left as you exit the terminal - do not confuse with bus stop for Red Long Term Car Park).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

John R wrote:
    The 748 is the quickest as it's first stop is Busaras, as long as there are no traffic delays from the GAA it should take 25-30 mns.

The 747 runs via O'connell Street and should take 30-35mns.

This annoys me. The 747 serves Busaras every ten minutes during the day. The 748 leaves for Heuston every 30 minutes. Why does the 748 have to serve Busaras - adding considerably to the time it takes to get to Heuston when Busaras is already more than adequately served by another direct express bus route? I have to use the 748 from time to time and it has often taken up to 15 minutes to get around Busaras and over onwards to Tara Street Station.

JoseJones wrote:

AFAIK for the 748 and 747 no, your choice is outside Arrivals or next to the petrol station.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Calina wrote:
    This annoys me. The 747 serves Busaras every ten minutes during the day. The 748 leaves for Heuston every 30 minutes. Why does the 748 have to serve Busaras - adding considerably to the time it takes to get to Heuston when Busaras is already more than adequately served by another direct express bus route?.

Its my understanding that 90% of 748s outbound no longer serve Busaras and inbound they still serve Busaras as they use the Port Tunnel and will be passing Busaras anyway.

• Advertisement

My experience does not bear this out. Busaras should just come off the 748 - it is more than adequately served.

Advertisement