Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigs Head

Options
  • 01-06-2007 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

My father's family would be fond of their pork products in all shapes and sizes (crubeens, pigs tails, bacon ribs, etc etc). One tradition though is most important to us, the cooking and preparing of pigs head (some call it brawn, the french call it fromage de tete). This basically involves boiling the head for a few hours, picking all the meat off (and other tasty bits like the ears), shoving it all into a big bowl, put a weight on top and let it press and set. Then slice it and eat it with plenty of brown sauce.

I think this should be the official food of the BG&RH.

What think ye? Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    My father's family would be fond of their pork products in all shapes and sizes (crubeens, pigs tails, bacon ribs, etc etc). One tradition though is most important to us, the cooking and preparing of pigs head (some call it brawn, the french call it fromage de tete). This basically involves boiling the head for a few hours, picking all the meat off (and other tasty bits like the ears), shoving it all into a big bowl, put a weight on top and let it press and set. Then slice it and eat it with plenty of brown sauce.

I think this should be the official food of the BG&RH.

What think ye? Any other suggestions?

Eh, yeah... you stick to the pigs head. I'll look after the rest ;)
    TBH, the best meat is often the meat that is not recognisable :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

jester77 wrote:
    TBH, the best meat is often the meat that is not recognisable :confused:

That's called a sausage :D

MMMMmmmmmm Sausage !

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Ahh brawn.... my uncle always used to eat that stuff, it reminds me of saturday afternoons in the early eighties, round my grannies watching wrestling/darts on world of sport. I think I'll stick to Pork Pies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

That's called a sausage :D

MMMMmmmmmm Sausage !

Sausages usually come from worse places than the pig's head :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

stovelid wrote:
    Sausages usually come from worse places than the pig's head :D
    "You can really taste the hog anus"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

i don't know about pig but that puppy of yours sure has a tasty looking head

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pigs heads should only ever be used for throwing at Bohemians players.

Pigs heads should only ever be used for throwing at Bohemians players.

Indeed :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The official food of this forum should be steak and onions!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Grand Sorceress Beruthiel has spoken!

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote:
    The official food of this forum should be steak and onions!

Ohhhh... I know what I'm having for dinner tonight :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

with a bit of mash potatoe
    I'm soooo hungry right now

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I wonder what would happen if Pighead found out about this.:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

He'd probably think it was a thread in his honour and then we'd never get rid of him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Better not let him find out so then :D

Beruthiel wrote:
    with a bit of mash potatoe
    I'm soooo hungry right now

And swimming in gravy :D

And swimming in gravy :D

or pepper sauce. Christ I'm starving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

I had steak & onions last night ... I barbequed the steak on the back porch, standing in the rain, with me raincoat & BBQ apron on ... I won't let the vagaries of the weather stop me from having some good vittles. Served with a side order of vinegar, salt and plenty o'chips

Even if the monsoon season continues, I will be found standing barefoot in the rain, with me bermudas on, manhandling the gas canister and various meat by-products.

I'm hungry now so I am :p

Advertisement