Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup - traveling ideas

Options
  • 31-05-2007 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

ok,

basically with the big event coming up in the autumn, I am starting to plan a trip to France in order to see at least the 2 big matches and maybe more.

Obviously it is a bit late in the day to be thinking flights and hotels/hostels in Paris so I am thinking of camping and traveling round france in between the matches, y'know "gatecrasher style" (ger conroy - soccer world cup rte coverage) except I will actually be going to matches and having fun unlike that guy.

I have checked into ferry sailings, getting a camper van or just bringing my own car. looked into where i can go inbetween the french and argies match and generally planning stuff.

i guess what i am looking for is ideas/hints/advice on the trip both for myself and anyone else who may read this thread. like for example, does anyone know of the best area to camp in that is near to paris and so you can get to and from paris on public transportation ?? do you have to book in advance for places on campsites ?? how is driving over there ??

so any help/ideas would be great. :)

Advertisement