Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

err.. helping a friend

Options
  • 31-05-2007 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi every one, im pretty sure youve probably had a thread simalar to this before.. but im honestly confuzzled....

my boyfriend is only 15 and hes been smoking for 2 years.. sometimes he says he wants to quit but he never does.. is there absolutely anything i can do to help him out?

ive tried saying ill leave him if he keeps it up.. ive tried giving him all the bad crap about it... how it can wreck your life.. but he doesnt repsond to anything...
    it hurts me to see some one just taking away their own life slowly bit by bit.... what can i do??
    please help
    xxx satans angel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i've the same issue with the girlyfriend, but the last thing i'm gonna do is threaten to leave her if she doesn't quit. that won't work. the point of smoking for smokers is that it's a nice release from stress and all that stuff... so threatening a smoker will just make 'em smoke more.

also, you can't make a smoker quit. they have to want to quit first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Femgem

You say you've threatened to leave him if he doesn't quit.

My thoughts are you have a decision now - you can either accept he smokes or actually leave him, you are not going to be able to change him I'm afraid.

Advertisement