Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half acre=210 feet x????

Options
  • 31-05-2007 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Hi all just wondering if someone has a answer to my question.

1.site size is 210feet long roadside x 80ft tapering down to 10 feet.How much acreage is this?

2.if i square up the site with 80ft wide how long would the site need to be for half a acre?

kind regards,

Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

you have a little over .2 of an acre if i understand your site you have 9500 ft2a half acre is about 21800 ft2 so your road frontage needs to be 272 ft long. most coucils work of a 30 m x 70m basic site.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Simple maths really. Moved to mathematics.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep slowharry is 272ft by 80ft will give you .5 of an acre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

kmb wrote:
    Hi all just wondering if someone has a answer to my question.

1.site size is 210feet long roadside x 80ft tapering down to 10 feet.How much acreage is this?

2.if i square up the site with 80ft wide how long would the site need to be for half a acre?

kind regards,

Kieran

Assuming the taper is in a straight line, you have .217 acres.

1 Acre = 43560 square feet, so you need a rectangle of frontage of 272' 3" and width 80' to make up half an acre.

Welcome to the human calculator forum, by the way. Who says Maths isn't useful? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement