Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving from UCD to Naas this Friday afternoon

Options
  • 31-05-2007 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I have to drive from UCD to Naas on this Friday (Bank Holiday weekend), leaving at 4.30pm. It’s not a route I’m familiar with but I’ve heard all the M50/Red Cow horror stories, so I decided my best option might be to drive south, up towards enniskerry, and over the mountains to Blessington and then on to Naas. Not the best roads but I was hoping I’d keep moving.

Then someone suggested taking the M50, then the N81, and hitting the N7 at Rathcoole might be a better option. THEN someone else said most people were avoiding the Red Cow these days and that the Tallaght Bypass was actually worse because of it, and that I should just go on the N7.

Does anyone with experience of these routes have any advice for me, given that I have to get there as early as possible for a function. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭dubred

I do this trip every day, I have tried many different routes but find that its just as easy to go along the M50 to the Red Cow, once you get onto the slip road you are fine. It usually takes about an hour or a little over. The N81 can be very unpredictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭confuddled

thanks - I guess sometimes the simplest way is the best!

Advertisement