Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Old to start ?

Options
  • 30-05-2007 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭

24, too old to start playing rugby ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Certainly not. I was that age when I started. Join a club and give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Cadrach

You'll probably never play for Ireland, but that doesn't mean you won't enjoy yourself and be a valuable asset to your local club. John Hayes and Mick Galwey both started playing rugby relatively late in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I'd love to give it a go as well. Given my physique and fitness I could only be a front row player - not the best place for a 32yo novice methinks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

24 too, and just getting back to it nxt season since school days

No way man, 24 is fine.......typical of modern society to view 24 as "old"!!!:D :D:D

Just make sure u get yourself in shape and listen to the coaches and you'll have fun!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I'm 21 and I plan to join a club for the coming season(and also try get on a college team). Given my size I have no idea where I would play.

I'm 5'6 and twelve and a half stone and I played a bit in school at both 2(because I'm bulky) and 9(because I was quick) but I'm not really sure where I'd end up given my inexpereince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭BigTommyBomb

You're too old to play for Ireland but never too old if you want to play at a low level. I started playing rugby before my father. He started at 36 and ended up playing a few games for Barnhalls first team. He was a second row though so take from that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

He was a second row though so take from that what you will.

He obviously had great athleticism. :D

Advertisement