Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQUEST] Dell Laptop

Options
  • 30-05-2007 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone seen any good deals for a basic dell laptop will a good 2/3 year guarantee.(around 600euro) its for the sister, she wants to store her itunes and large amount of photos.
    thanks in advance
    Pajoe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://stores.ebay.ie/Dell-Outlet

hard disks in laptops cost a lot, far more economical to get a external hard drive, also useful to backup the laptop files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

This one isn't too bad (found it on another UK bargain site) and you can add the support services yourself. Might end up a little more than you were going to pay for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

That looks good Ruu. With 1 year guarantee brings it to 600Euro.
    120G Hard drive should last her a while.
    Thanks
    Pajoe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I got a 17"laptop last week for 1500
    I called a sales rep and told him my budget and asked what the best he could offer. at the price. I configured the same machine at 2K (then they dropped the graphics form the 9400 range and he still was able to get it added on.

Got the following upgrades on it
    Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz 4mb 667MHZ
    2gig 667MHz RAM
    100 GB 7200 RPM HDD instead of the 160GIG 4200
    Nvidia 256 7900GT upgrade from standard

Free Bag and AV for a year
    I havre the contact details for the sales quy if you want to PM me

Advertisement