Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ] Cheap DVD player - region setable

Options
  • 29-05-2007 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

Where's a good deal on a reasonable DVD player that is region setable?

I don't really care too much about quality or DIVX etc. Just so long as it plays DVDs, my current one is starting to get picky but I've had it for years and it's probably time to get a new one.

Considering the recent prices I don't really want to spend more then Euro50 for a replacement.

So, Dunnes, Tescos, etc. are where I am thinking but I don't know which to go for.

Thanks for any help.

- Altoid.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Altoid wrote:
    Hi,

Where's a good deal on a reasonable DVD player that is region setable?

I don't really care too much about quality or DIVX etc. Just so long as it plays DVDs, my current one is starting to get picky but I've had it for years and it's probably time to get a new one.

Considering the recent prices I don't really want to spend more then Euro50 for a replacement.

So, Dunnes, Tescos, etc. are where I am thinking but I don't know which to go for.

Thanks for any help.

- Altoid.

There is a tesco value dvd player. I think its €35. Not sure about region code but I'm sure you could unlock it if you wanted to

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

kearnsr wrote:
    There is a tesco value dvd player. I think its €35. Not sure about region code but I'm sure you could unlock it if you wanted to

I bought one of these to bring on holidays for the kids (keep us all sane on the rainy days! :D ). Very unreliable, would play some DVD's and not others. Quite noisy too. Returned it. Recommend you try something else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BlueSky

I bought a cheap Philips DVD player (around 45 Euro or so) last December. The code to unlock it was easy to find on the web, and really easy to configure. No problems, no regrets :-)

They had the exact same model in two shops in Blanchardstown with a fiver difference in the price. The shop at the bottom of the escalators was cheaper than the one in the retail park. Sorry, but I can't remember which shop is which!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

This one at Peats is region free and is also DivX compatible. Pixmania have ones for around 35-40 euro but not sure if they can be made region free.

Advertisement