Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to Clondalkin

Options
  • 29-05-2007 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Thanks for all your help the last time I asked for directions to Coolmine Ind Estate. I found it thanks to ye but unfortunately didn't get the job. I have an interview in Willow Road Business Park off the Nangor Road, Clondalkin this week if anyone could give me directions from Maynooth seeing as I didn't get lost the last time I asked ye which is rare given my sense of direction, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Head towards the M4/N4, join the M4 heading inbound. Continue straight until you reach the M50/N4 intersection. Take the 3rd exit here (i.e. M50 southbound), take the next exit off the M50 (Junction 9) on to the Naas Road (N7) Continue for about a quarter of a mile and turn left on to the Kileen Road. Continue on and turn left on to the Nangor Road. Take the next left to Willow Road

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I was playing around with Google Maps and I made this.

A slightly different route to fletch, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Thankyou both very much...I could be on the net all day and I wouldn't find that route! How long roughly do you think it would take to get there? Thanks for your help again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

tom dunne wrote:
    I was playing around with Google Maps and I made this.

A slightly different route to fletch, though.

I live the Clondalkin and head to Sligo about once a month. This is definetily the best route. Your avoiding possible M50 nightmares.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

MayMay wrote:
    Thankyou both very much...I could be on the net all day and I wouldn't find that route! How long roughly do you think it would take to get there? Thanks for your help again.
    Very much depends on the time you're goin at....I would give myself a minimum of 1.5hrs if it's rush hour traffic. Oh and tom dunnes route is probably better than mine in rush hour too where the M50/N4 junction will be a carpark as will the M50 itself.

Edit: Yes I meant your route tom dunne :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

fletch wrote:
    Very much depends on the time you're goin at....I would give myself a minimum of 1.5hrs if it's rush hour traffic. Oh and MayMays route is probably better than mine in rush hour too where the M50/N4 junction will be a carpark as will the M50 itself.

I take it you mean my route? :)

In fairness, the Fonthill road is no better. I travelled that route a bit last year and it was utter mayhem. Marginally better than the N4/M50 route, perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

I don't use these roads in rush hour but how about using the (new) Outer Ring Road? Coming from Maynooth on the N4 take the exit after the Newcastle Road traffic lights (i.e. just before Lucan Woodies) and take the right to go over the N4 and South along the ORR (nearly finished construction). Follow your nose till you pass Wyeth on your right. Then take the left down Nangor road.

Unfortunately the Google Map does not show this road yet. I have no idea what traffic is like, but I suspect ORR is quicker than queuing to get off N4 and up fonthill road.

Good luck!

Advertisement