Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Are You Our Next Photo ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Good ad.
    More name/shame should be used - list the cost of the incident (I can't call it an "accident" because of the deliberate actions of the driver) and the length of the delay and how many people were on the tram at the time.
    I wonder are the car drivers charged with breaking red lights and given penalty points? Does the RPA/Connex bill the car driver's insurance company for the cost of the damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

daymobrew wrote:
    Does the RPA/Connex bill the car driver's insurance company for the cost of the damage?

I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

A mug shot of the idiot drivers on the poster would have been even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Gas guzzling SUVs - typical:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Good for Luas for shaming the muppets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

What arrangements exist for getting compensation off the motorist? I note there's a press release on the Luas website pointing out issues such as shock and injury to passengers, service degradation due to stuck tram/tram out of service; in addition to the simple things like the actual damage to the tram.

There should be compensation for every one of these issues and it surely shouldn't be small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Bards

Zoney wrote:
    What arrangements exist for getting compensation off the motorist? I note there's a press release on the Luas website pointing out issues such as shock and injury to passengers, service degradation due to stuck tram/tram out of service; in addition to the simple things like the actual damage to the tram.

There should be compensation for every one of these issues and it surely shouldn't be small.

The worst thing is, if the Insurance Company is made to cough up by the actions of these idiots, then you & I are the onse to suffer by increases in Premiums overall:mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If they do have to pay for the damage - which they should - why not put that on the ad as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Victor wrote:

I thought there was going to be a picture of the bloke that ran himself under the Luas at Jervis last week, and a silhouette of a person - Are you our next photo?

Great advert tho', anyone know where the third picture (on the right) is?

Think they should have shown the collision with the Kelkin truck, that was more than just a tip and should really get the message across.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Bards wrote:
    The worst thing is, if the Insurance Company is made to cough up by the actions of these idiots, then you & I are the onse to suffer by increases in Premiums overall:mad:

Surely that's unlikely if the driver broke a red light?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Zoney wrote:
    Surely that's unlikely if the driver broke a red light?

That is the way it works. Car driver causes crash, insurance company pays out, idiot driver's premium shoots up. If more idiots create bigger payouts than in the previous year then everyone's premiums are increased.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Are these cases of cars trying to get across the tracks and not having enough time and getting hit or being stuck in a yellow box and getting hit?

I would assume its the first?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I emailed Luas Customer Care to ask if they look to the driver's insurance company for repair costs. They said that crashes involving a Luas and another vehicle are dealt with like any other collision involving road vehicles.

I interpret that as meaning that, the person at fault, pays. Obvious I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

everyone on the train can sue the car driver for damages. Remember to get the insurance number if you're on a train that's hit by a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

Gas guzzling SUVs - typical:D

1 SUV
    1 MPV
    1 estate

from what I can see

OTK wrote:
    everyone on the train can sue the car driver for damages. Remember to get the insurance number if you're on a train that's hit by a car.

Only if they have suffered some injury or loss

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Voipjunkie wrote:
    Only if they have suffered some injury or loss
    Delay is a loss.

Victor wrote:
    Delay is a loss.

Being delayed on its own is not a loss that you could claim for if the delay caused some other loss that you could prove was a direct result of the delay but I would not fancy your chances with the insurance company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

trauma
    sore neck

Advertisement