Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beaver Row to Dundrum Help

Options
  • 28-05-2007 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Really sorry - i know people hate these posts but I need to get from Beaver Row to Dundrum and none of the buses go directly there. what is the easiest route? thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Walk to Eglinton rd (beyond Ashtons) and get the 44/48a via Milltown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭stopyourshoppin

thanks i'll do that

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note that only buses entering or leaving service use Eglinton Road. You are better of going to Sandford Road, near the Esso(?) petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Au contraire there is most definitely a bus service linking Beaver Row and Dundrum!

The all day circle line service CL1 Monday-Friday operates every 30 minutes via that route. As yet it does not operate at weekends - look for Circle Line Bus stops.

Routing is from Nutgrove Shopping Centre, Nutgrove Avenue, Upper Churchtown Road, Dundrum Road, Bird Avenue, Clonskea Road, Beaver Row and then via Anglesea Road to Ballsbridge, City Centre, Lucan and Celbridge!

Times are at http://www.circlelinebus.com/routesx1.php

Note that despite what it says on the webpage, services have yet to operate at weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Aquavid

I understand that the Circle Line is no longer permitted to go via Beaver Row thanks to the campaigning of the local resident who is also trying to get Dublin Bus banned from using the road.

Donnybrook Garage has been at that location since 1896, so unless this resident is more than 111 years old, I think the depot was there first . . .

CL now uses Eglinton Road.

Aquavid

• Advertisement
Advertisement