Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clock problem

Options
  • 28-05-2007 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

[URL="[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7096/clock1wo3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]clock1wo3.jpg

Hey lads, I've made a couple of clocks with no problem but have come up with a problem on one.They are the the battery type, inserted in a recess in the blank, screwed at the front and the hands stuck on. Basically I insert the unit at the back of the clock,put my 12 up and turn the hands to stick on 1 and 2 etc. Had no problems on my other clocks but on this one the 6 won't line up with 12. I'm not sure if the battery operated movement is meant to be place in a certain position, ie,12 at the battery compartment or vica versa, but no matter what I do they won't match up. What am I missing here (apart from kop on)The clock reading 10 to seven when it's 6.0 is obviously a nono, I'm thinking it was just luck on my first attempts becuase I have done nothing differently set up wise. Any help???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 geofftulip

strange one alright - i would think it may be a faulty movement - the only thing i can suggest is that you may have not put the flat against flat on the spindle of the clock - hence when you turn the hands round by hand quite forcably it bay move the hands on the spindle - check the hands are in the right place and thrun the hands with the dial on the movement not using the hands themselves - are the hands catching anywhere when it turns ? if not try a different movement in the clock and do exactly the same thing - if ok and the problem movement doesnt work when tried when taken out of the clock then it is surely a dodgy movement ......

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Thanks for the reply Geoff, I'll try that.

Advertisement