Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Cremation

Options
  • 28-05-2007 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

hey,

Just wondering des anyon know the standard price on the vet cremating pets. My bunny just died a little while ago im gutted. the ony problem is we have no where to bury him the vet said he would take care of it but for €60 is that standard practice????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

It was about €200 for our dog, its cheaper if u get ur pet creamated with others but to be honest id say if u pay the extra for a single cremation they still cremate a few at a time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

we got one of our cats cremated and it was a single cremation where they guarantee one one animal is done at a time. To get him cremated and pts i think it came to €185.00 in total. His ashes came back in a lovely wooden box with his name on a brass plate on the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Irish-Lass wrote:
    His ashes came back in a lovely wooden box with his name on a brass plate on the top.

Same with our Duke. Now he's a Duke Box :D He's the dog that keeps giving posthumourously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

Did you get your pets back from the vets in a box or did you get them cremated somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

my vets made all the arrangements for me and I just collected his ashes in the box from my vets........I think and I maybe wrong and someone might be able to correct it but I think they have to travel up north to be cremated I know when our cat was done 2 years ago it done not sure if there is another place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

If you're interested in eco-friendly matters in any way, then I wouldn't recommend cremation for anyone, human or animal, as the cremation process releases a lot of unpleasant chemicals into the air.

There are green pet cemetaries in the UK, there may be some in Ireland.

Or, if you really want to be green, go into a forest and bury your rabbit under a tree, thereby enabling it to become part of the tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Demonique wrote:

Or, if you really want to be green, go into a forest and bury your rabbit under a tree, thereby enabling it to become part of the tree
    The only problem with that theory is a fox or similar will dig up whatever you bury and eat it, it's the way it is in nature.
    I think there is a pet crematorium in Wicklow or you could ask your vet. There was also a greener version whereby the body is frozen in liquid nitrogen and shook at such a vibration whereby it turns to dust, I'm not sure if that system is in operation over here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 keloaks

hi. would any one have the number where you had the cremations please? my vet dont have details of any,
    im in caven so would they be able to collect from here, well my vets is in granard, i dont think i could see my dog once she's passed! it would kill me, so im hopeing they would collect and return?
    thanks kelly :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

http://petcrematoriumireland.com/roi/index.htm

There is a practice in Cavan affiliated with them.

thank you...would you know there name or number please, ive been trying all evening to find help?
    sorry just saw the link...thank you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There isn't a number on the site, just this:
    Cavan
    Cavan Vet Clinic
    "Unit 3,
    Lough Key Business Park"
    Drumalee
    Cavan

Another site however gives:
    Veterinary Clinic
    Drumalee
    Cavan

Tel: (049) 4373839

whether it's the same place, I don't know.

thanks for that, thats vey helpful, i can try and get some sleep now thats off my mind. kel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 patsyryan

That pet clinic in drumalee has been closed down a long time, they moved to the corlurgan business park, first unit as you drive in, kool kids is at the far end. I had my dog cremated, they don't do it there though, the body is collected from the pet clinic (if your dog is put to sleep there that is) and taken to somewhere in the north, then the ashes are sent back, the pet clinic will give you more information if you give them a call, 0494373839. They are very professional, I think it cost around the £300 mark. As far as I know there isnt anywhere in the south where you can have your pet cremated. Patrice

Advertisement