Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord Question

Options
  • 28-05-2007 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi There,

I am thinking of letting my house in Dublin 7. If I decide to use a letting agent, typically how much would I have to pay? Is there any initial setup costs, or is it just taken out of the rent each month? is it a fixed price, or a percentage of the rent?

Any guidelines welcome.

Thanks,
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Hi there,
    Letting agents can do one of two things for you. One is to find tenants only and check them out and put them in. The second is a fully managed service where they pick up rent, check house every few months and eal with any issues that arise. You are usually talking around 10% for this service, or approx one months rental (varies on company obviously).
    This cost is however tax deductable and you can write it off in your self assessment (along with a lot of other stuff (research this!!)).
    Check with agents or their websites for more details. If you cn manage it yourself and have time and live nearby i recommend you do this especially if you get good tenants as life can be easier if they have a friendly landlord to talk to instead of going through agents.
    Anyway good luck,
    M

Advertisement