Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vasectomy on the medical card?

Options
  • 28-05-2007 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know whether this procedure is available anywhere in Dublin on the medical card - the family planning clinics no longer offer this procedure for medical card holders.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

AFAIK it's not available and why should it be? Few vasectomies are done because of a danger to a mans health. It only costs €400, can't you get an overdraft/loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

eth0_ wrote:
    AFAIK it's not available and why should it be? Few vasectomies are done because of a danger to a mans health. It only costs €400, can't you get an overdraft/loan?

It cost me €500 last October. By the way what dangers(too late now)?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

eth0_ wrote:

It is available on the medical card - through the well woman centre.

Why should it be? Can I not get a loan/overdraft?

Wow - Are you a PD?

A - I have four kids and a wife and a low income - hence the medical card.
    B - I have loans coming out of my ass

Maybe 400 (actually more like 500) is not a lot for you it certainly is for me - maybe you don't live in a rented council house with two bedrooms and four children.

For non progressive democrats who may have need of a vasectomy - contact the well woman centre, northside shopping centre - as far as i know they are the only ones who offer the service free of charge for medical card holders.

For rich people - I guess you can afford to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

yes it is on the medical card,number of clinics offer it,morhampton clinic& clune road clinic to name two

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement