Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Displaying video via S-video

Options
  • 28-05-2007 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I need to pick your brain for a minute. I'm trying to play movies that are on the laptop on my telly via the s-video out. I have an adaptor for the RCA cable, plug it in, and... nothing.
    I can't figure out how to configure the laptop to display via the cable, and not on the laptop screen itself.
    Any advice or ideas?
    Cheers n beers,
    WP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

I had a similar problem while using a projector recently.

You need to check what resolution your TV supports and adjust your laptop properties as most modern laptops have high enough screen res. You are best off trying the lower settings like 800*600 and working up.
    Then when you have this changed you need to connect the TV and scitch it to the video channel or AV and the like.
    Then using the FN key and I think its the F12 key (there will be a diagramme with 2 vertical lines and a screen in the middle) it should switch your screen display to the TV.

Hope this helps best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Nope, not working. Thanks though. Anyone else have an idea?

[edit]I know this varies from laptop to laptop, I've an Acer Ferrair 4005.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Forget about video for a moment - can you get any picture on your TV from the laptop?

Reboot the laptop with the TV connected (and switched on) - see if you get a picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have a similar enough problem.

My laptop doesn't have an S-Video Out port though, what should I use?

Advertisement