Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teach Yourself French?

Options
  • 26-05-2007 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have any experience with these series of books/tapes? I'm going on erasmus in September and my French is pretty poor at the moment... I need to some kind of course and put a lot of work in over the summer. I was looking at the one that said "general confidence" or something, and it sounded good. All i could find about it were mixed reviews on Amazon...

Or if anyone knows a better series i could use or would recommend a particular summer course, i'd be very grateful. Really need to start working on this now that college is out of the way -_-.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Hmm...

I've used a german one before ... and I find it quite ok ... but takes some dedication ...

I'd probably recommend you do a course .. the French Institute ... have a 5 week course ... in galway at any rate (starting tomorrow) .. I've used them before and found them to be excellent ...

You'll really want to have some interaction I think to get better .. hence a class could be better for you :) ... try renting some french movies ... with subtitles you can read :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jovialiste82

May i suggest you this website :

www.assimil.com

Advertisement