Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Buying ISK

Options
  • 26-05-2007 6:03pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What do people think about buying ISK? A friend of mine mentioned it to his corp mates and they threatened to get him banned. Yet you can buy time cards with real money and then sell them for ISK. What's the difference and what's peoples opinions on buying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

The only real differences in the GTC's and buying isk directly is:

1) Its a lot more expensive to buy GTC's and sell them than buy the isk directly.

2) Buying of actual isk and items for real money is buying it off the people we hate and see every day in Eve, example, RA the complex farmers, Doomsday Corp in my own alliance (i've objected to them myself), beatlrice, and the macro miners in empire. The kinda people that really are only playing this game to make a profit in real life at the expense of others gaming experiences. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I must admit, it's tempting to get a game card and sell it for ISK. 380 mill for €30 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

feylya wrote:
    I must admit, it's tempting to get a game card and sell it for ISK. 380 mill for €30 :eek:

Well its perfectly legit in game, just watch out for the people that want to buy them the old way via evemail, as they are resellers and also sell them for cash online. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

R0ot wrote:

1) Its a lot more expensive to buy GTC's and sell them than buy the isk directly.

2) Buying of actual isk and items for real money is buying it off the people we hate and see every day in Eve, example, RA the complex farmers, Doomsday Corp in my own alliance (i've objected to them myself), beatlrice, and the macro miners in empire. The kinda people that really are only playing this game to make a profit in real life at the expense of others gaming experiences. :D

We are doing all we can about the doomsday corp ;)

Have to be careful about what we say about them too, while we all pretty much know they do it, we don't have proof so...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Your performance in game shouldnt be linked to your economic situation out of game gtc / isk buying is cheating imho the fact one is legal doesnt make it any more acceptable

On saying that gtc are great for alts and iv used them myself before i decided to just pay for my alt with euro's but i still think they are dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Your performance in game shouldnt be linked to your economic situation out of game gtc / isk buying is cheating imho the fact one is legal doesnt make it any more acceptable

On saying that gtc are great for alts and iv used them myself before i decided to just pay for my alt with euro's but i still think they are dodgy.

Arent people who use alts - paying for a seperate account - having their in game performance affected by their out of game economic situation? One can be trained for pure PvP, the other as a money maker, general "boring" skills, or infiltrating other corps/alliances? People who can only afford one account have to compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The number cruncher makes a good point Dark you sexy beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

dont listen to these people, i'll sell you isk for fags, 100 mil isk per 200 block of fags delivered to limerick.

Ironically, I got an EvEmail earlier, selling me ISK...

Sand wrote:
    Arent people who use alts - paying for a seperate account - having their in game performance affected by their out of game economic situation? One can be trained for pure PvP, the other as a money maker, general "boring" skills, or infiltrating other corps/alliances? People who can only afford one account have to compromise.

Thats a good point but you still have to do the work in game to get the money with your alt's where as selling gtc's require no work in game beyond sending the number

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Dark!? What the hell are you doing posting?!?! I thought I sent you up to Limerick as part of my first batch of Ren-bound fags?!?

After being podded this evening and loosing my Moa and tech 2 rails, I'm even more tempted to sell time cards. 1.5 Mill isk is horrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've never understood how anyone can get podded in anything other than a well laid gate camp.

Dark!? What the hell are you doing posting?!?! I thought I sent you up to Limerick as part of my first batch of Ren-bound fags?!?

Ill do that later

Zillah wrote:
    I've never understood how anyone can get podded in anything other than a well laid gate camp.

Signature Analysis 5 + Interceptor = Insta lock and dead pod.

Also getting caught in bubbles and being a retard can cause you to lose your pod as well :/

pod will insta warp though

bizmark wrote:
    pod will insta warp though

Yeah but sometimes you get lag when your ship pops. I would be disappointed if I dont lock the egg in time.

guess dont use intys much and dont try to kill pods myself tomuch of a sec hit

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

My pod was insta popped there this weekend and I was so damn sure I had upgraded my pod in fountain but for whatever reason I was podded back into an alhpha clone and lost my caldari cruiser level 5. Thats another 2 weeks to train a skill I already had. I ****ing hate this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I have heard from one ex RA that there are at least 10 players there that play EVE full time and make their living from selling items/isk. So there is definitely plenty of money in it. I even got spammed today offering 1bil isk for $68 .... quite a bit better than GTC so there is obviously a big incentive to buy from some of those guys .... and no i wont tell you the name of the site

Off topic, like the rest of ye, a well skilled inty pilot who knows what he is doing can lock a pod in <2 seconds ... and seeings as most people lag like hell when their ships get blown up its a foregone conclusion. The way to save your pod is to eject and warp while your ship is still intact (but with missles incoming so they should blow the ship)

If there is a large bubble on the gate you are stuffed unless you have a BS then you dont break cloak but right click the gate you just came through, set waypoint, wait until 30 seconds cloak is nearly gone and then align towards gate and hit your mwd as fast as you can .... turn on your autopilot and you should coast to the gate even with multiple webbers on you. If you are in something like a cruiser you are usually dead in these situations because you slow down really fast when a few webbers are put on you. Note that even the BS would be toast if enough sensor boosted BS's are in the camp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

Maddzy wrote:
    My pod was insta popped there this weekend and I was so damn sure I had upgraded my pod in fountain but for whatever reason I was podded back into an alhpha clone and lost my caldari cruiser level 5. Thats another 2 weeks to train a skill I already had. I ****ing hate this game.

balls :-(

Maddzy wrote:

Sorry to hear that bud

Zillah wrote:

Lag. Lots and lots of lag. I've petitioned it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rrolfe

feylya wrote:
    What do people think about buying ISK? A friend of mine mentioned it to his corp mates and they threatened to get him banned. Yet you can buy time cards with real money and then sell them for ISK. What's the difference and what's peoples opinions on buying?

there main argument was if you buy isk online, not with time codes, CCP loses the cash. cause the people selling isk are hardcore minners / farmers.
    its also banned under t&cplus there is a really high chance you will be ripped off / banned.

some people in my corp pay for eve entirely with time codes, so me avoiding that and using some weird site messes that up. besides it cost about the same or less to use time cards.

its really easy to sell via the forum and its done secure via your account page so you cant get ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Magic Don

R0ot wrote:

No its not u can buy like 3 90 day gtcs for like 90 yoyos and sell them at like 400 mill so you do the math ^^

Advertisement