Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a kitten!!!

Options
  • 26-05-2007 5:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1

Myself and my boyfriend really want a kitten, but were finding it so hard to find one. Does anyone have kittens or know of anyone who need good homes for kittens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

I have one kitten left out of a litter of three,will be six weeks old next Wednesday but i will only let him or her go to a very good home.Would want the new owner to let the cat indoors and just leave the poor thing out in cold etc.What part of the country are you in.Oh by the way its black with white chest and white paws very cute and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

well my cat just gave birth the other day to kittens so they won't be ready for another 2 months or so, if you're still looking then you can give me a shout. i live in the meath area if that suits you.

they're black but may change colour as they get older.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~tiggeress/IMG_0030.jpg

that's them there, the white etc already has a home so sorry if you fall for that one, i did too but unfortunately can't keep him/her.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

wexford12 wrote:
    I have one kitten left out of a litter of three,will be six weeks old next Wednesday but i will only let him or her go to a very good home.Would want the new owner to let the cat indoors and just leave the poor thing out in cold etc.What part of the country are you in.Oh by the way its black with white chest and white paws very cute and friendly.

Have you let them go already? Six weeks is too young.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ring your local vets and dspca etc. The kitten season start fairly late this year and kittens are only starting to come in now so there should be lots around looking for homes. And agreed with Nala 6 weeks is way too young to let them go considering they cant be vac'd till 9 weeks.... im nearly sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

my vet said that 1st vaccination can be given around 8/9 weeks of age and 2nd vaccination around 11/12 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

I did'nt say i let them go i said i had one left.The other two are booked,I will say while im on here that i do think that there is a lot of animal rights been shouted at a lot of people who come on here.I would of tought anyone who bothers with a animal forum would have only the animals well fare at heart.So many have come on here asking where to get a pet and its shouted from the roof tops "SHELTERS SHELTERS SHELTERS" I have seen a lot of shelters and got a dog and a cat in the past and i must say i wasnt one bit happy with the conditions the animals were in and been kept in.I see no problem with anyone getting a pet from a family whos dog cat has a litter why must you always go to shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

wexford12 wrote:
    I did'nt say i let them go i said i had one left.The other two are booked,I will say while im on here that i do think that there is a lot of animal rights been shouted at a lot of people who come on here.I would of tought anyone who bothers with a animal forum would have only the animals well fare at heart.So many have come on here asking where to get a pet and its shouted from the roof tops "SHELTERS SHELTERS SHELTERS" I have seen a lot of shelters and got a dog and a cat in the past and i must say i wasnt one bit happy with the conditions the animals were in and been kept in.I see no problem with anyone getting a pet from a family whos dog cat has a litter why must you always go to shelter.
    To get them out of the shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

wexford12 wrote:
    I see no problem with anyone getting a pet from a family whos dog cat has a litter why must you always go to shelter.

From the point of view of people who work in shelters or who are strongly supportive of them, every pet you get from a private home/breeder means one less animal gets out of shelter and may be pts.

I think its up to the individual what they choose to do, I have a dog from a breeder, a cat from a private home and another cat from a shelter. I would be of the opinion though that anyone whos cat isnt neutered should be, theres far too many roaming around and thats why they end up pts or dumped in bags etc. My rescue cat is terrified of plastic bags and I dread to think why, nothing else bothers him.

Again I have had 2 previous cats who both had kittens, we found homes for them all and then brought them to blue cross to have em done, they did it for next to nothing bec unneutered cats are such a huge problem and the cats were sooooo much friendlier and happier as a result.

Not having a go, & sorry for going OT just wanted to answer the question!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Myself and my boyfriend really want a kitten, but were finding it so hard to find one. Does anyone have kittens or know of anyone who need good homes for kittens?

Hey kittensearch ... if you're in Dublin, have a look here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055099937

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gillianna

hi just wondering is any one looking for a male ginger kitten,very friendly
    cant keep him,hav 2 already!limerick area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement