Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England v South Africa

Options
  • 26-05-2007 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭

Well, i suppose they are depleted but i 'm still surprised at the scoreline.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Ye just seen it there myself, took some hammering despite a decent enough team!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

That was depressing for Enlgand especially with the Wilko and Balshaw injuries but I would feel worse for Wales losing in the last thirty seconds has to feels worse because you haven't seen it coming.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

They got their ass handed to them - SA looked organized

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

SA full strength coming off superb season against the English 2nds, there was only going to be one winner, and with England losing 3-4 key players in the last few days.

Looking like a nightmare tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Yup South Africa gave them a drilling but I'm not sure you can read too much into it.. they were up against a very inexperienced English team and tbh they got a lot of lucky breaks in the first half...

I still think they got a good shout in France but I think the 3N will be the ultimate test ahead of the WC.. glad I got them early on at a good price ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Jurassic_chili

i don't think that england were expecting south africa to be so good which if they were expecting that it wasn't the smartest move as any team with montgomery,de villers or habana has to be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Jurassic_chili

in my opinion south africa haven't been the powerhouse that they once were of late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

in my opinion south africa haven't been the powerhouse that they once were of late

All teams have ups and downs, its part of the game, no country is at its peak all the time, i could say [team name] havent been the powerhouse they once where and always be right.
    I watched the highlights today, lots of fun, i hope habana fires in the wc, he has to be one of the quickest players in the game. Get butterflys when he does that little skip, dont know what he's gonna do :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Yeah their S14 teams were crap this year :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

Are the wasps, Leicester and Bath players joining the England team for the next match against SA?

The only thing I found surprising about the match was that Ladbrokes were offering SA -28 at even money. Free money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Just wait for New-Zealand -v- France! Now THAT will be a proper hammering! Not looking forward to it... :(

Advertisement