Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mechanic advice

Options
  • 26-05-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

i'm was hoping to start my B20vtec project for my honda CRX in the next few weeks. i have most of the parts i need already and was going to try do the work myself as i love learning about cars by getting stuck in myself. the problem is that i have never done any engine work before, so i am beginning to think it may be better to get a pro to do it. also if i were to do it myself i'd need to buy some extra tools, like an engine lift, torque wrench, etc.

the job entails the following:
    1. taking the bottom end from my B16vtec engine and swapping it with the bottom end of a non-vtec B20 engine [from honda CRV jeep thingy]
    2. swapping the injectors for larger ones
    3. replacing the oil pump

the ECU will remain unchanged, it can learn the new fuel levels needed.
    there are many tutorials online for this, and was hoping to do it myself, but i think the best conpromise is to find a mechanic that will let me work on it with him so that i can learn all the steps. i have time off work, so have time to spare.

i guess my questions are:
    do you think any mechanics would let me help them out as they do the work?
    and could anyone recommend any mechanics that may be up for the job? [i'm based in dublin, so the closer the better].

all advice appreciated...
    dave

Advertisement