Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small world

Options
  • 25-05-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭

I live in a area with a small clump of housing (about 5 homes) in the middle of the countryside.

Today I was chatting to my neighbour and mentioned that I was thinking of putting up a weather station. She was surprised and told me she was actually researching climate change, the person living next door to her has a max min thermometer on the front of the house and is apparently has a keen interest in meteorology....and....the guy living across the courtyard from me is retired from the Irish met office!!

I mean what are the chances!!???..four out of the five homes house weather nuts!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Lol that is pretty amazing!
    On the subject of the guy from meteireann I just wanted to know is there anyone who works in the met on these forums? I would think there are seeing as this is the only irish weather forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nope, I'm not - I didn't study hard enough in school to get the college points!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

rc28 wrote:
    On the subject of the guy from meteireann I just wanted to know is there anyone who works in the met on these forums? I would think there are seeing as this is the only irish weather forum.
    Not sure tbh, possibly mothman?

rc28 wrote:
    DapperGent co mod of this forum is a forcaster in Glasnevin :)
    Iirc there is also a poster who is based in the met station at Dublin airport.

Sunset another poster based in Cork is afaik a lecturer in the subject and a member of Torro.

So ye are in good company :)

trogdor wrote:
    Not sure tbh, possibly mothman?
    Don't be silly :D
    Mothman is a farmer like myself and lives 15 miles up the road from me!
    He does have a well kitted out official met recording station.

Him and DapperGent are the only two regulars on this board that I've actually met in real life-though DapperGent because of the nature of his job prefers to read here rather than post-so while you don't see him post often,he will always be reading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement