Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do i have to pay back my boss

Options
  • 25-05-2007 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

hi,

a couple of weeks ago I was told by my boss that he had not been notified by the tax dept of any changes to my credits etc. I had been notified but to be honest i never look at them in any detail and just stick them in a drawer. anyway his accountant rang me and explained that basically bacause my boss hadnt been notified of these changes he had been paying too much PRSI/tax for me and that i would have to pay him back what he overpaid. He asked me if I had ever claimed back tax for medical expenses/ refuse charges etc and I said no so he asked me to sent down P.60's for me and hubbie, refuse receipts, medical recepts ect and he would send it off for me to see if i could get annything back. last week got letter stating that yes me and hubbie were entitled money back. hubbie - €3000 and me €1400 but that i owed by employer €1600. My question is do I have to pay back my boss myself. My wages were never affected by this and i should mention that Inever received pay slips until about 2 months ago. as you can tell i am absolutley clueless when it comes to tax/credits etc. and i am very afraid that i am being done here. sorry for the long post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

No you don't.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Don't go by an Internet Forum - go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau who will give you the full story. TBH I've never heard of repaying your employer for his overpayments in PRSI etc but....

Advertisement