Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camp sites in the northwest

Options
  • 25-05-2007 5:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

hi all
    we got our first campervan its an iveco turbo daily,so thinking of heading up sligo and donegal area in june ,would like to know of any nice family camping sites up there ,any info would be great ,thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Look up http://www.camping-ireland.ie you may get a few places there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Rosses Point (Sligo)is ok, Facilities are good, but much in the line of activities for kiddies apart from the long beach.

Ballina (Mayo) is very good, altough it was 2-3 years since we were there..

Thats as far north I have experienced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

While I am from the NW, we don't really do campsites, so I'm no great help either.

One campsite that I did like is just outside Ardragh, along the coast road to Portnoo ...can't remember the name right now ....
    Nothing much to do there either, but fantastic location and right on the beach as well.

(Since last year ...no dogs allowed ...so haven't been there recently)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

peasant wrote:
    One campsite that I did like is just outside Ardragh, along the coast road to Portnoo ...can't remember the name right now ....

(Since last year ...no dogs allowed ...so haven't been there recently)

Tramore Beach is the name of the place.

We didn't know about the 'no dogs allowed' when we rolled in last year :eek: , but they made an exception and let me camp with the two I had with me. ;)

Lovely spot and a beautiful beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

We have just come back from a weekend away with the eircooled club at Strandhill campsite - excellent facilities and so close to everything...beaches, pubs, restaurants, shops....

Would definitely recommend it:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement