Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Cluster Shutdown

Options
  • 25-05-2007 1:58am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What's this all about? Shutting down the cluster at 1:55? What did CCP do in the patch today that's screwed everything up so much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

feylya wrote:
    What's this all about? Shutting down the cluster at 1:55? What did CCP do in the patch today that's screwed everything up so much?

These things happen sometimes, they try and fix exploits that appear and then suddenly out pops another one or two from their current patch, thus they shut down the server. Believe me this is alot better than what it was like after the amarr patch (from what im told). I was around for the introduction of v1 of Kali being installed which was then renamed revelations. It was a nightmare for a full 2 days apart from the 24 hour DT it had to be extended another 11 hours I think. :mad: But **** happens the game is fantastic and although im not happy when the cluster goes down I know the server hamsters will be charged and ready to go soon enough :D

Server Starting Up on 5...4...3...2...1...
    Server Starting Up on 5...4...3...2...1... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

R0ot wrote:
    These things happen sometimes, they try and fix exploits that appear and then suddenly out pops another one or two from their current patch, thus they shut down the server. Believe me this is alot better than what it was like after the amarr patch (from what im told). I was around for the introduction of v1 of Kali being installed which was then renamed revelations. It was a nightmare for a full 2 days apart from the 24 hour DT it had to be extended another 11 hours I think. :mad: But **** happens the game is fantastic and although im not happy when the cluster goes down I know the server hamsters will be charged and ready to go soon enough :D

Server Starting Up on 5...4...3...2...1... :rolleyes:
    When I started playing patches sometimes made the game unplayable for a week or more and they _always_ introduced loads of bugs. Things are much much better now believe me......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Okay let it be official last warning about the spam of images in threads, im adding it to the charter aswell. Just like IBTL is now considered spam on the Eve-o forums linking images directly will get your either a temp ban or perma ban. You can however link an image via a link only.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Lots of people lost a lot of ships in this shutdown. CCP are gonna be getting a lot of petitions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I lost a warrior 2, I petitioned it though.

Got a feeling CCP are gonna be a bit too busy to respond to it over the next few days though ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement