Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visitor parking problem

Options
  • 24-05-2007 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭

Folks we are having a bit of an issue with visitor parking in our complex, its a large dev in the blackrock area and like most we have no front gates (council wont allow?)

anyway, the problem seems to be that there is limited visitor parking (maybe 25-30 spaces) and a lot of apartments have more than one car and only one space underground, as such people are using visitor spaces and there arent for visitors.

mgt co has decided to do something, but their proposals suck imo:

a) limit each visitor to one 4 hr stay per week and either each apt has a disc and issue it or have to call clampers and tell them you are staying

b) limit each visitor to one 12 hr stay per week and as above.

neither of which cater for someone staying for a weekend, or a friend calling over more than once a week. has anyone else had a similar problem? any suggestions, we have an EGM soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

You might have better luck here in "Accommodation & Property"

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i was thinking that.

Moved

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Why not put in a pay-and-display machine? Give everyone 50 free one-day visit discs per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

you need someone to administer that tho and check it, we alreayd pay clampers and 2 full time maintenance staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Would it require any more administration than what you have at the moment? I suppose the machine would cost something, but I'd say it should pay for itself.

You could charge 50 euros for the 50 residents' discs rather than giving them for free, if you needed to bring in some up-front money. That would be 2500 euros if 50 people wanted them.

I think that this would still be far cheaper than putting up a barrier, or having the clamping company take calls about which cars are allowed and which aren't.

Advertisement