Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Housing & People w/Disabilities

Options
  • 24-05-2007 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

This is a question for any fellow Disabled People:

I have put my name on the affordable housing list for South Dublin County Council and recently received a letter of confirmation saying that they would be in a position to offer me a property within 18 months.

However, I was also advised to put my name on the Social Housing List by someone in SDCC.

What I want to know is, is there much of a difference in waiting time between the two lists???

I would prefer to go for an Affordable home, rather than Social Housing, because I heard that they can offer you a place in, lets say, not so good locations???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Regardless of which you apply for, i would suggest following up the letter with a request to meet a housing officer / representative face to face and get yourself known to them. I work in the area of disabilities and we support our residents to do that from time to time. When you are on a big waiting list with hundreds of people its easy to become just another name on a list so try and get in there and show you are serious about things and keep in touch with them regularly. It might help speed things along...

Letter Head

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I think there is a separate affordable housing scheme available for people with disabilities. I think I did some research on it for somebody about a year ago who was looking for advice here about it. If you use google to search boards.ie you might find the thread. Apologies but I can't remember the details.

Advertisement