Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby Rules

Options
  • 23-05-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Does anyone have a copy of the rules for Tag Rugby?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

http://www.tagrugby.ie/myApplication/FCK_TEST1/UserFiles/File/Laws/ITRA_Tag_Rugby_Rules_-_April_2007.pdf

Can't print them from that link though.

If you're playing Astro league, there are slight variations. Most notably 6 a side rather than 7 and only 5 tackles allowed rather than 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Worrytahs

The IRFU Tag Rugby rules are on www.irfutag.ie in the link Laws of Tag.
    Downloadable here: http://www.irishrugby.ie/downloads/IRFU_Tag_Rugby_Laws_Overview2007.pdf

It is an overview rather the line by line version refs have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ringo2007

Hi

Im new to the capital and fancy joining in with this tag rugby banter! Any idea if any teams are looking to recruit a female player..im 23 and have average fitness (and I hear that the craic is 90!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

I'd say there are teams looking for players - if you look on www.tagrugby.ie and www.irfutag.ie I think you can post your details to both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

I'd say there are teams looking for players - if you look on www.tagrugby.ie and www.irfutag.ie I think you can post your details to both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Just a really quick question, maybe someone can answer it before I've to go!

Can you wear sunglasses during a tag match?

I've no more of my special contact lenses left and the sun is pretty strong today. So just hoping to be able to wear sunnies over my normal ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Snail30

No Amz you can't wear glasses or sunglasses..sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 michael.oleary

Amz wrote:

I've no more of my special contact lenses left and the sun is pretty strong today. So just hoping to be able to wear sunnies over my normal ones.

I'd be very surprised if they let you as it would probably cause damage in accidental contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

Amz wrote:

I know its a little late, but maybe it'll be sunny next Thursday, why not just wear a cap, that should keep the sun out of your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

You can't wear glasses or sun hat.

Didn't matter too much anyway. I was in the shade for some of the game so was ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Dilogoat

Amz wrote:
    You can't wear glasses or sun hat.

Didn't matter too much anyway. I was in the shade for some of the game so was ok.

You could probably wear a hat, but sunglasses are an absolute no no. If someone cut themselves on the glasses or they were pushed into your eyes there'd be some nasty injuries...so unfotunately no is the answer.

If you have any questions on the laws you can ask here. I'll gladly answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Dilogoat

Ringo2007 wrote:
    Hi

Im new to the capital and fancy joining in with this tag rugby banter! Any idea if any teams are looking to recruit a female player..im 23 and have average fitness (and I hear that the craic is 90!)

You should just come down to one of the venues. Teams are always looking for a females. You guys are hard to come by for some reason. :)

Advertisement