Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neighbours out of order

Options
  • 23-05-2007 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've asked this before but didnt really get an answer....a friend is having serious trouble with the nest door neighbours who are renting the house.
    Is there any way i can find out who their landlord is and report them?...
    I've looked at the PRTB site but they only do disputes between landlords - tenants

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If there are social order issues, call the Gardai. They can then contact the premises owner to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

If the landlords details are not on the PRTB website, then they can write to the PRTB requesting their name & address.
    I would then get your frined to contact the landlord first and try to sort it out between them before involving the PRTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As PaulW says, ultimately the landlord is not responsible for the actions of his tenants. Contact the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

seamus wrote:
    As PaulW says, ultimately the landlord is not responsible for the actions of his tenants. Contact the Gardai.
    I wouldn't say that is 100% correct....it all depends on what they are up to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

thanks for the replies...

she called the guards before when they had music blaring all night...they said it wasnt really up to them to come out but did eventually...
    a permanent solution is what she would like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Madong

jobless wrote:
    thanks for the replies...

she called the guards before when they had music blaring all night...they said it wasnt really up to them to come out but did eventually...
    a permanent solution is what she would like

noise polution! yup and notify the mgt company!

no management company unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Madong

thanks a mil Madong...

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

seamus wrote:

For day to day issues I'd agree with the sentiment here but if we're talking ultimately :) then a landlord definitely has some responsibility for the behaviour of their tenants if there is a nuisance issue. This is an extreme case but it does demonstrate that the landlord is responsible:
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/landlord-avoids-jail-by-evicting-rowdy-outofcontrol-tenants-164387.html

• Advertisement

giddyup wrote:
    For day to day issues I'd agree with the sentiment here but if we're talking ultimately :) then a landlord definitely has some responsibility for the behaviour of their tenants if there is a nuisance issue. This is an extreme case but it does demonstrate that the landlord is responsible:
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/landlord-avoids-jail-by-evicting-rowdy-outofcontrol-tenants-164387.html

Its the getting the information on who the landlord is is the problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

seamus wrote:
    A landlord is repsonsible to third parties for the behavior of his tenants.

OP, talk to the council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

jobless wrote:
    Its the getting the information on who the landlord is is the problem..

You can go to land register office on nassau street, pay a small fee (around 5 euro) and get details as to who owns the deeds to that property.

Advertisement