Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RetailMeNot - Coupon Code Site

Options
  • 22-05-2007 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Don't know how useful this is to all but I just used it to get a €8 discount from a japanese watch store on a punt:

http://www.retailmenot.com/

Interesting thing is it has a firefox extension that suposedly alerts you when you visit a site that has coupons.

Very web 2.0

:-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

quintron wrote:
    Don't know how useful this is to all but I just used it to get a €8 discount from a japanese watch store on a punt:

http://www.retailmenot.com/

Interesting thing is it has a firefox extension that suposedly alerts you when you visit a site that has coupons.

Very web 2.0

:-)
    I'd be wary of installing that Firefox extension... can't be found if you search for "RetailMeNot" on Firefox's official extension search feature: [Behold]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Yeah, noticed that also after I posted..
    Regardless, browsing the site and "using" a coupon via copy/paste instead of them "bringing" you to the site (which I'm not into) is non invasive and I can verify that it works. They have no tracing/browsing history on you etc if you pluck a coupon code and paste it into your shopping site.

Looks like a pretty new site, extension may yet show up on mozilla..

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

RetailMeNot is a great idea - didn't know it had a Firefox extension - must check it out. But having tried their site a few times, seems to be of use mainly for U.S.A. retailers.

Its from the makers of the excellent BugMeNot - which I've been using for a long time now. Great for newspaper & Magazine sites, etc. if you couldn't be @rsed creating an account for a quick browse! :)

Advertisement