Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demo at FG HQ, re Tara/M3, Wed 23 May, 11am

Options
  • 22-05-2007 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

On Wednesday, 23 May at 11am, TaraWatch will stage a demonstration outside Fine Gael party headquarters at 51 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 2, in response to Enda Kenny's failure to state his party's position with regard to the M3 motorway.

To date, the Greens, Sinn Fein and Labour have issued statements in support of a reroute of the M3 motorway out of the Tara-Skryne Valley. With polling day imminent, TaraWatch believes that the electorate has the right to know where Fine Gael stands on this issue.

"Enda Kenny needs to step up to the plate and show some creative
    problem-solving and leadership ability here, particularly in light of
    the fact that 70 per cent of people surveyed nationally want the M3
    re-routed." , stated activist Vincent Salafia, speaking at a TCD conference this week.

At this Wednesday's demonstration, TaraWatch shall invite Fine Gael to state their position on the matter, so that the public be fully informed when casting their vote on Thursday.

All are welcome to attend, bring banners, friends and enthusiasm!

Related Link: http://www.tarawatch.org

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Fair play to you for bringing this to our attention glen.girl! Sounds like a great idea. I won't be able to make it myself, but let us know what happens if you are going to it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Hey,

This is just the most recent thread on the topic, hope its okay to post here. This is serious. Please read the link, and if you cant just read what I pasted below.

Read Me

Urgent call for help - Vote Save Tara Valley now

Yesterday the 22nd of May 2007 saw the contractors forcing the double toll road through Tara Valley with a vengeance. After three days of blockade by the protestors at the gates of the machinery compounds that stopped the destruction work - things suddenly changed. A massive amount of machines and personnel began to push this unwanted road. The Campaign to Save Tara group stood in front of the diggers, blocked the gates and tried to stop this destruction of our culture by putting their bodies in the way of the machines. The protestors were attacked and beaten by the workers while the Gardaí looked on - this event lasted 12 hours. Full story and pictures in the link - please help.

They are BEATING people who are PEACEFULLY protesting against a road that shouldnt be FORCED through against the will of the Irish people.

Three parties have agreed to Save Tara, Greens, SF and Labour. Keep that in mind when voting.

I know the people in those pictures, they are my freinds. Tell the press if you know someone, tell anyone who can go up there and support them. Stop the madness, because this is real and this is happening and that is excatly what it is, madness.

Jess

Love Life
    Honour the Gods
    Do No Evil
    Seek Wisdom
    Practice Bravery

Advertisement