Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster season ticket rip-off

Options
  • 22-05-2007 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

For those of you thinking of investing in Leinster Season tickets this year, think again.

Existing Season ticket holders were given the special 'privilege' of booking their season tickets in advance and discovered to their horror that ticket prices have gone up by as much as 75% on last year.

That's right folks 75%

This is Leinster by the way, the perennial underachievers in professional rugby obviously are only in it for the money now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

just paid 224 for mine compared to 150 last year.

it sucks but i'm not going to not get one:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Ignorance here, but are there limitations on the season ticket. I'm assumign it doesnt get you in for the big games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

RuggieBear wrote:

it sucks but i'm not going to not get one:(

OK Ruggie, That's 50% more and €74 extra. But think of the increase on the Family ticket from €480 to €839!

That's an extra €359, or to put it another way would have got you both a Family Gold and Family Silver last year.

It's not as though we're getting anything extra either. We were in the RDS two years ago, for €440 (Family Gold) and last season we got five matches in Lansdowne Road for our €480.

There's absolutely no justification for it either. The increases vary wildly between 3% and 75%, so it can't be contended that it's to pay for the accommodation in the RDS.

It's just a rip-off, and a real slap in the face to the best supporters in the Magners League.

damnyanks wrote:
    Ignorance here, but are there limitations on the season ticket. I'm assumign it doesnt get you in for the big games?
    Access to all home games in the Magners League
    • Access to home pool matches in the Heineken Cup
    • Priority purchase for away match tickets where available
    • Priority purchase for any potential home knock out matches in the Heineken Cup or Magners League where available
    • Access to home Leinster “A” matches
    • Entry into draw for right to buy home international match tickets
    • Exclusive membership Leinster DVD
    • Priority purchase for season tickets, 2008/'09
    • Access to members’ events
    • Avail of discount club reductions
    • Access to exclusive bar in RDS reserved for Leinster members
    • Access to Leinster Rugby T.V.
    • Receive the Leinster Lowdown E-zine
    • Receive free Leinster text alerts direct to your mobile phone
    • Receive the Leinster team release before each game
    • 2007/'08 Squad Poster

Clash wrote:

It's just a rip-off, and a real slap in the face to the best supporters in the Magners League.

Well that would be Ulster!

yep...The family prices are a total joke. it's expensive enough having children. How are they to encourage parents to bring young fans with prices like that.

i really object to ticketmaster and being gouged 30 euro between myself and the girlie as we have no cheque books.

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    Well that would be Ulster!

yep...The family prices are a total joke. it's expensive enough having children. How are they to encourage parents to bring young fans with prices like that.

i really object to ticketmaster and being gouged 30 euro between myself and the girlie as we have no cheque books.

Well, I've not received any details about where to send the cheque yet, so I've spend nothing so far, but I really am pissed about this, I've emailed Newstalk, Thornley and have a few more to send out tonight.

I'm not letting this go.

[IMG]http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/uploadedfiles/Home News images/Splashpage Dark.jpg[/IMG]

Kind of ironic isn't it?

That's my arse in the striped pyjamas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭wingnut

Cost €135 for student season ticket to the Ospreys - fantastic stadium covers ML, HC and Anglo Welsh cup.

Rugby World magazine are going to publish my email to them and are looking for a response from Leinster!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yeah was thinking of getting one myself this year but it seems a bit more expensive than I thought. I guess the increase is due to it mainly being a mostly all seated affair.

Any idea what the normal entrance fee will be? Presumably higher than the 15e this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

I do feel like we've been kind of bitch-slapped by the Branch - not even a free gift of any worth this year.... it didn't stop me ordering my tickets, but it's hard to understand and accept a price increase like this without a clear explaination from the Branch as to why the increases are there and what we're getting for our cash(not just wild fan speculation - we can all kinda of guess what their reasoning is).

In fact, the thing that caused me most concern was that they were using ticket-master with their feckin' huge fees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Where are ye next year the RDS?

I bought the 10 year Munster ticket for €5000 thought it was pricey but the way things are going it could be worth it, especially in Munster where Heinken Cup tickets are extremely rare, pity have to wait til 2008 to use it.

irlrobins wrote:
    Any idea what the normal entrance fee will be? Presumably higher than the 15e this season?

i'm assuming 20 euro at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Clash wrote:
    Come on now, we're not in the humour forum here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Have not followed my link yet and I have always had 2 tickets since it began, I think 150 ea, Now there was no indication of this in the email which is very underhanded and this is a shocking increase !

You would at lkeast expect a reason for this such as outlining the costs due to redevelop or for whaterevr reason this hike is.

Thats a real pisser!:mad:

25% increase plus the devils Ticketmasters cut of a tenner each! 210 for the basic bronze ones.

Site wont let me order though and the phone engaged!

Ok sorted now!

What stopping us buying the Junior ones I wonder? Same offer AND access to the bar! ( junior ?! )

I can see the Headlines....

Leinster promote under age drinking!:D

nothing new there then if one can remember back a few seasons when a couple of young ones at a match had to have their stomachs pumped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

RuggieBear wrote:
    I can see the Headlines....

Leinster promote under age drinking!:D

nothing new there then if one can remember back a few seasons when a couple of young ones at a match had to have their stomachs pumped

juniors going to the cups matches or the discos in DB would never drink!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I have to say the price increase is probably down to the fact that they can charge more. I got my first season ticket in the 2003/2004 season, when their was slightly less space in the stadium and the only matches where you would even get next to full capacity was the ulster and munster matches. Now last season even at the small matches they where getting massive crowds with most of the them being season tickets holders.
    Now the question is why where the tickets so cheap until now and it is because they wanted to build up there base level of support, which they seem to have accomplished. Also now they are not using donnybrook chances are that the cost of the stadium is going to be more expensive so they will have to increase the ticket price to cover there extra expenditure.
    However I am actually pissed off at the fact they used ticket master to sell teh things meaning that at a minimum you had to spend at least €11 on a fecking service charge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Clash wrote:
    OK Ruggie, That's 50% more and €74 extra. But think of the increase on the Family ticket from €480 to €839!

Shiiittt!!!

That's a bite to the head.I wasn't a season ticket holder last year. have been in the past, so I can't buy mine yet. Until you incumbents have all had your wicked ways.

Do they do a "father and son" deal, or is the only family ticket a four-person affair?

Only one of mine is interested in coming along so I don't fancy shelling out for four, two of which I will never use.

Especially at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Clash wrote:
    This is Leinster by the way, the perennial underachievers in professional rugby obviously are only in it for the money now.

I'm in awe of your support and dedication

RuggieBear wrote:

In fairness, it's widely recognised that last season's 150 was a reduced price. Also, the 224 includes a service fee which you didn't have to pay, and is for unreserved seating, not terrace standing. So it's not quite like with like.

Clash had a point on LeinsterFans re the family ticket, but lost the plot somewhere along the way.

• Advertisement

jsb wrote:
    However I am actually pissed off at the fact they used ticket master to sell teh things meaning that at a minimum you had to spend at least €11 on a fecking service charge

You didn't have to spend it at all, you had the option of sending in a cheque/draft/postal order to avoid the service charge. Much and all as I hate TM, their system will be a huge improvement on the in-house ticketing that the branch had delivered up until now.

cgarvey wrote:
    In fairness, it's widely recognised that last season's 150 was a reduced price. Also, the 224 includes a service fee which you didn't have to pay, .

I have no cheque book...i had no choice. Drafts/postal orders cost money too...even if i could get to a post office or bank

RuggieBear wrote:
    I have no cheque book...i had no choice. Drafts/postal orders cost money too...even if i could get to a post office or bank

That's your lookout, and I'm sure the hassle isn't worth the 15 quid savings to many people. Fact is your comparison is invalid, and not just for the 1 of 3 points I made that you chose to quote.

imo the comparision is very valid.
    1. The price still went up...reduced price or not, the price went up
    2. The terrace in the RDS is a joke. you can't see half the pitch with a gazebo in the way. the unreserved seating was the next cheapest option (10 euro more) to get a view of the whole pitch.
    3. As already posted I had no option but to pay with credit card. I'd have preferred to pay cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

well I picked up 3 gold tickets, and got some shock when a 4 figure bill popped up...

after 2 years of attending for free it's something I can deal with.

uberwolf wrote:
    well I picked up 3 gold tickets, and got some shock when a 4 figure bill popped up...

after 2 years of attending for free it's something I can deal with.
    bloody corporate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

RuggieBear wrote:

Dude, €30 vs €2.50 come on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

RuggieBear wrote:
    bloody corporate!

not anymore, and you got a few beers out of it!

that was my 4000th post btw!

Dude, €30 vs €2.50 come on!!
    only options were cheque or credit card so the point is moot.

I never said i couldn't be bought uberwolf...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I doubt Leinster would refuse a BOI draft (bank chq) in fairness :p

Advertisement