Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handy credit card sized train timetable

Options
  • 22-05-2007 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭

A credit card sized train timetable was dropped into the house on behalf of one of the local candidates. It's a two sized laminated thing with the train times to/from Coolmine train station. Quite a handy little thing. It's certainly smaller than the PDF I produced (though that is intended for posting on the platform).
    It would be nice if Irish Rail produced something similar. I'd buy one if it cost less than 30 cent.
    Photo of one side of the timetable attached. Candidate's name/photo removed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

daymobrew wrote:
    A credit card sized train timetable was dropped into the house on behalf of one of the local candidates. It's a two sized laminated thing with the train times to/from Coolmine train station. Quite a handy little thing. It's certainly smaller than the PDF I produced (though that is intended for posting on the platform).
    It would be nice if Irish Rail produced something similar. I'd buy one if it cost less than 30 cent.
    Photo of one side of the timetable attached. Candidate's name/photo removed.

Irish Rail did do something like this before.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yeah, I've had ones for specific DART stations in the past, but getting your hands on one anytime after the day they're issued is almost impossible. IR don't seem to think that there might be an ongoing demand for them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

FYI: I made up PDF timetables for Clonsilla, Castleknock and Drumcondra. If anyone wants a copy I can attach them here. PM me.
    I recently wrote to Car Carmichael (General Mgr covering Maynooth line) asking him to consider creating official versions of the PDF timetables and posting them on the platforms at stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

This is an excellent idea because for those who drive to a park and ride, it can fit next to your driving licence
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=276720&referrerid=&highlight=credit+card+driving+licence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I've attached timetables for Clonsilla, Castleknock and Drumcondra.

I have a perl script I use to create the basis of the PDF so I can create timetables for other stations if anyone needs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Timetables of this type are usually available for free at the Hueston and Connolly information desks. There are also some in Pearse and the new part of Tara Street station. Other Dublin stations should have a pocket timetable for their route or in the case of DART stations, a departure list for that station.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~werdz/tt2.pl
    Shows the next 3 trains from any station on the Maynooth line in a given direction.

Works well when you bookmark it in your phone and access it via WAP :) (it just reads and cuts the non-phone-readable crap from the time table generator thing on the irish rail site).

Advertisement