Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Proffesional

Options
  • 22-05-2007 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Looking into qualifying as an accountant, through ACCA
    I know it will be alot of hard work.
    I am working full time, not really accountancy related, family business I am responsible for sales & marketing but would have to do wages from time to time, account payable & receivable and also month end financial report.
    Could anyone tell me would this be good enough as experience that is required over three years.
    I have a BA (Irish & Geography)Higher Diploma Food Marketing, Rural Development & CO-OP Organisation and will have post grad diploma in Sales Manageement in December all going well will any of these help with exemptions
    Any other info appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Hi,

If you get work experience in industry and you are the head accounting function you can get the auditors/external accountants to sign off on your experience. However, from your description I doubt if it would qualify.

As for exemptions. ACCA have a very good exemption database and will let you know what exemptions are available for your particular college degree.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

apart from exams, you also need to meets practical experience requirement before being admitted as fully qualified member. have a look at ACCA website.

this might help http://www.accaglobal.com/students/training_careers/professional/

Marty

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

professional last i checked although i can't talk my spelling is worse. Luckily you don't need to be literate to be a good accountant

To be an acca champion, its very much like Pokemon, you gotta catch em all

gotta catch em all gotta catch em alll..

really that's all there is too it.

There is one thing to watch out for - they bandy about salaries of 60K Sterling like once you qualify you should be on that sort of money - its a well oiled marketing machine, and in my exp you don't see those salaries until your too old to enjoy it but YMMV

Always Remember The Acca code of honour (ethics)

***Pokemon theme****
    ACCA A heart so true, the courage to follow through, you teach me and i'll teach you, ACCA!!!! Gotta catch em all, (gotta catch em all) ACCA.

P.s. your experience would be fine - they may want to see you doing more in the way of accounts preparation - you could help do the bookkeeping for your family's business and liase with auditors etc...also you should be exempted from the first 3 papers - maybe 1 or 2 more if you can make a case for it.

Advertisement