Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to buy a better concertina

Options
  • 22-05-2007 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hi,

Playing concertina for over 15 years and need to upgrade to a better one. Anyone recommend somewhere, a music shop, dealer etc I could get one? Willing to spend a fair bit but not excessively :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Eineidv

Contact this man, he should know
    morconcertina@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gearoidkeane

I play a suttner concertina myself. Just wondering what your price range is because it has a lot to do with good concertina's. There is a bottom range >€1000 Stagi, Gremlin etc... €1000-€3000 Clareman etc... >€3000 Suttner, Dipper, Wheatstone, Jefferies.

Gis a shout about your price range and i can refer you to the best place to find a good concertina in your range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Eineidv wrote:
    Contact this man, he should know
    morconcertina@hotmail.com

MOR has no internet access at the moment. If you PM me I can give you his phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Cateym

I played a suttner there last week and I really liked it. Might look into getting one at some stage but demands on my savings are just too much to go splurging €2-3k.

I also play tin-whistle since I was a nipper and can also play flute but never bought one. Maybe I will just buy a flute instead.

Advertisement