Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A quiet drive in the country this afternoon

Options
  • 21-05-2007 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Behind truck on the Old Kilmeaden Road leaving Waterford heading for the Outer Ring Road junction

oldkilmeadenroad1.jpg

Getting close now

oldkilmeadenroad2.jpg

and straight through continuing on the OKR! :mad:

oldkilmeadenroad3.jpg

past the turns for the N25 at Holy Cross pub and Doneen and onwards into the rural idyll!

oldkilmeadenroad4.jpg

Tricky bit here

oldkilmeadenroad5.jpg

and out to the junction with the Portlaw road, he turns towards Kilmeaden on the N25!

oldkilmeadenroad7.jpg

oldkilmeadenroad8.jpg

So why the f-uck did he not turn left at the Outer Ring Road junction and join the N25 6 miles earlier?

truckjourney.jpg

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Maybe he was lost, or took a wrong turn. Truck drivers are human too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Trust me you can't get lost, the Outer Ring Road roundabout is well signposted for N25.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Maybe he fancied a quiet drive in the country too ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Following a SatNav? They can take you down some pretty unusual routes sometimes if you don't know the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Them oul Polish and Czech bootleg SatNav programmes....Ur lucky you didnt end up in Poznan.....I`ll bet it was`nt Liam himself at the wheel...!! :mad:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mike65 wrote:
    So why the f-uck did he not turn left at the Outer Ring Road junction and join the N25 6 miles earlier?
    He spotted you behind him mike and decided to have some fun. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mike65 wrote:
    oldkilmeadenroad7.jpg
    I see the dairy farmers of Waterford are still required to haul the churns up to the top of the lane. :D

Advertisement