Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibblestown May 19th 2007

Options
  • 21-05-2007 8:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

Can anyone honestly say that they managed to get a house in Phibblestown Ongar on Saturday, it was chaos!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

What kind of chaos? I thought it was on the Affordable Housing scheme, thereby negating the need for queuing and chaos, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I heard it was sold out by SAt eve so I'm sure someone got one! as the development had 97 units.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

It was on a first come first served basis, so even if u did qualify but had 177 ppl in front of u, you would not get in I was third or seond on the waiting list on sunday, it was madness, and God I think I am just going to get a mortgage at the market price somehow, as I dont know I can do this again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Madong

Anna23 wrote:
    It was on a first come first served basis, so even if u did qualify but had 177 ppl in front of u, you would not get in I was third or seond on the waiting list on sunday, it was madness, and God I think I am just going to get a mortgage at the market price somehow, as I dont know I can do this again!

Anna, did you really think there would be units left on Sunday? Coem on ! thre is a shortage of affordable homes in Ireland and ask the people who must have waited on Friday night are they happy? I think from other thread they are delighted!

Early bird gets the worm! I waited and got what I wanted. I'm so happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

My friend got a 3 bed on Saturday, but he qued from Friday evening. He was 3rd in line and hes happy.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

Well to be honest with you, I thought there would be apts left, and I am waiting to be called to see the ones in latchford, I have eveything they need, loan approval and hopefully I will be called to view them this week, as I was told the first 20 people will get a chance to see them, but like you said, what am I expecting, really when indeed there is a shortage. Who knows maybe this week I will be able to put down a deposit on a latchford apt.

Best of luck Anna23,I hope you get the apt you want. I got a house through the a draw DCC. For me its like winning the lottery,as I wouldnt of being able to afford on my own. So I really hope you get it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ste90

Anna23 wrote:
    Can anyone honestly say that they managed to get a house in Phibblestown Ongar on Saturday, it was chaos!!!!
    I MANAGED TO GET A 3 BED ON SAT WAS THIRD ON THE QUE ,THER FROM 4 O CLOCK SAT NITE ,ONLY HEARD ABOUT THEM ON THE TUES BEFORE

Welcome Stev90 hahaha

Advertisement