Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new roomie??

Options
  • 20-05-2007 11:25pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi all,

I'm 19, living in an apartment with my boyfriend, I own the apartment. My friend from college has been living with us for the last 2 year but she's moving out in a few weeks. I just wanted to ask anyone how i go about looking for a new room mate? The apartment is a 2 bed apartment, right next to the green line luas stop. I'm not really sure on how much to charge aswell and how to split bills etc because living with my friend was really casual and we didn't have a contact or anything. If anyone can help me that would be great, thanks for reading this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Property owner and mod at 19? You've done well :)

See what your neighbours are charging on www.daft.ie
    Then put up an ad. Pics of the apartment are helpful too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

Check out what others are charging for rent of a room in the same apt block and area. The bills should be split equally between yous.

You can advertise on various websites i.e. daft.ie or local supermarkets and shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭carpediem

Hi Lucifer,

Would suggest that you have a contract with your new roomie. Also request a deposit and make sure to clearly state the agreed arrangements for bills etc.

Cheers!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

thats great thanks, this is my boyfriend account, he's the moderator! :D also is the deposit usually a months rent?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lucifer wrote:
    also is the deposit usually a months rent?
    Yes.

Using other peoples' accounts is seriously frowned upon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Victor wrote:
    Yes.

Using other peoples' accounts is seriously frowned upon.
    especially moderators ones

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

relax people, me and my girlfriend are renting our apartment and she was asking a question, its not as if shes using my account to be a mod. anyway i'd appricate if people could respond to the primary point of this thread. thanks all who are. we have the ad up on daft.ie and are getting responses but none that we have been interested in as of yet. thanks again

Advertisement