Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spoilers: Heinoken Cup Final SPOILERS!!!!!!

Options
  • 20-05-2007 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

So for the second year in a row Leinster are knocked out by the eventual winners.

Wasps just out thought Leicester

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I'm glad that Wasps won for one reason, it gave Eoin Reddan the chance to give two fingers to Munster(and I'm a Munster supporter) and Peter Stringer(they really lost out on him because of their over dependance on Stringer) and it showed that he's the better second choice 9 over Isaac Boss in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

GDM wrote:
    I'm glad that Wasps won for one reason, it gave Eoin Reddan the chance to give two fingers to Munster(and I'm a Munster supporter) and Peter Stringer(they really lost out on him because of their over dependance on Stringer) and it showed that he's the better second choice 9 over Isaac Boss in my opinion.
    true....really does show that a lot of our players really do have to **** off to England to get a fair chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I just hope they see sense and sign him when his contract comes up next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

So pissed off that studying made me miss this game. thanks ruggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

2 very cheeky tries. leicester were throughly marshalled by the wasps defence. Though Worsley was a shoe-in for man of the match, that guy is always everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

RuggieBear wrote:
    So for the second year in a row Leinster are knocked out by the eventual winners.

Wasps just out thought Leicester
    and Leicester in 2002.

Looking forward to next year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah leicester were poor, I thought Geordan Murphy had a good game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

zabbo wrote:
    and Leicester in 2002.

Looking forward to next year already.

Maybe we are not that bad but genuinely have come up against the toghest draws.....I suppose this is a by product of not doing it in the group as well as they should however.

Missed the match too due to syudy, exam tomorrow:eek: !

Again Reddin in the spotlight, maybe Hooke is right.

Thats the 2nd time Ive said that recenlty:eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Anyone notice Jennings' pace exposed by Haskell's 80yard break. I know he was initially impeded but there was no chance of him gaining ground. Definately didnt win the battle of the 7's. Reddans delivery looked alot more snappier than Boss, I say give him a chance.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

GDM wrote:
    showed that he's the better second choice 9 over Isaac Boss in my opinion.
    Would say with more international game time a better first choice and im a stringer fan.

Delighted to see the amount of Irish on the pitch yesterday even though there was no Irish team:) Reddan was master class and poor Frank Murphy looked too rushed,didnt settle. Wasps first up defence and tackling was brutal and they did some number on the Leicester backs. Never seen their backs so quiet. Jaysus if they had won the treble there would have been no shutting them up.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Wasps did their homework alright, true what the Sky commentators said about Corry - he is a great captain when on the front foot much like his outhalf but on the backfoot seems clueless and un inspiring. Thought Saki Waters Lewsey were fantastic in the tackle and breakdown dept. Good to see Peter Bracken come on for a few minutes. Did ye see his excitement when he got the nod!!!
    On the Irish performances jennings was outplayed, G Murphy did ok, F Murphy was rushed into some poor decisions by Reddan, Cullen did ok when he came on in the lineout, Humphreys did a little better than Goode but the game was beyond Tigers at that stage.
    Reddan was imperious at scrumhalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

There were 3 lots of supporters at the match yesterday. Vastly in the majority were Munster supporters. If they hadn't have been there, the game could have been played in a stadium the size of Thomond Park! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Anyone notice Jennings' pace exposed by Haskell's 80yard break. I know he was initially impeded but there was no chance of him gaining ground. Definately didnt win the battle of the 7's. Reddans delivery looked alot more snappier than Boss, I say give him a chance.
    Think thats a bit harsh on Jennings, he was held back for a good whole 1/1.5 seconds which is a lot in a sprint, he also had to turn around to start. Not to mention Haskell would be faster than most backrows anyway.
    Thought Jennings had a quiet game though, along with nearly every Leicester player.

If King had a decent boot on him the score would have been much less flattering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Sangre wrote:
    Think thats a bit harsh on Jennings, he was held back for a good whole 1/1.5 seconds which is a lot in a sprint, he also had to turn around to start. Not to mention Haskell would be faster than most backrows anyway.
    Thought Jennings had a quiet game though, along with nearly every Leicester player.

If King had a decent boot on him the score would have been much less flattering.

Agreed, you cant measure pace between 2 players that should be similar if one hsa a headstart, if Jennings gained any ground at all that would show he was quicker, to catch him would require to be substantially quicker......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement