Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degrassi Junior High

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

"Wake up in the morning, feeling shy and lonely, gee i gotta go to school, I don't think I can make it, don't think I can take it, I wonder what I'm gonna do... But then I look around and see, someone is smiling right at me, some one's talkin to me, hey I got a new friend!"

Fukn LOVED Degrassi, so many issues in it. Like Stephanie running for class president and dressing sluttliy and letting the boys kiss her for votes and ditching her straight edge friends. Cow! And Spike getting preggo and carrying an egg around then going into labour at prom. In Junior High, wah! Just realised, that kid was young! :eek: All those parties and alcohol. *tut tut*

Degrassi taught me about life and love! :D:D:D Hah! Just remembered when that geek kid told mel her eyes were liek "pimming swools". Morto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Great series. Re-watched all 42 episodes on region 1 DVD over the last couple of years. Think it's getting a release over here soon.

What was the show where the two girls were in a passport photo booth at the start? One was a tomboy the other was always in love with someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Used to love the kids of Degrassi street and Degrassi Junior high. I was very young to be watching it though about 7 or 8. Wasn't it a Canadian programme cause for some reason in my mind the characters had Canadian accents!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

What was the show where the two girls were in a passport photo booth at the start? One was a tomboy the other was always in love with someone.
    Nah that was 'Ready or Not' - the girly one was Amanda and the tom-boy one was Busy. All the best shows seemed to be Canadian - eg the littlest Hobo:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wasn't it a Canadian programme cause for some reason in my mind the characters had Canadian accents!

Indeed it was. Forget South Park. Degrassi Junior High first introduced us to the whole "oot and aboot" thing.:D
    I was about ten - so shocked at the girl getting pregnant. She was 14 or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Was just thinking about this show.Used to be on RTE mid to late 80s.Snakes friend the cocky Italian-ish guy with the hat and Hawaian shirts was a good laugh.Anyone remember the name of the vaguely punkish girl (not Spike) who used to wear a beret?Was in the original series as far as I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I read the thread title and went 'oh yeah, I remember that'. Then I started reading the thread and realised I was thinking of a different programme, Heartbreak High, an Australian TV show of a similar vein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I read the thread title and went 'oh yeah, I remember that'. Then I started reading the thread and realised I was thinking of a different programme, Heartbreak High, an Australian TV show of a similar vein.

I just watched the Youtube clip of 'Every rack off from Heartbreak High'. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Anyone remember a US series that seemed to be very influenced by The Degrassi franchise called The Bronx Zoo?Not so sure if it was aimed at teens as it used to be on lateish,it was shown on RTE 2 in the late 80s (88?) seem to remember it running for only one series.It was set,as the title indicated in a tough school in The Bronx NY.

• Advertisement
Advertisement