Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BG & RH Wine thread.

Options
  • 19-05-2007 10:08pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Might as well kick it off.

1997 Chateau Musar Red @14%. A Lebanese beauty to be consumed with some respect. Top class :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Wally's Hut for €5.99. I'm not fussy. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ah good old Uncle Walter's sh1te house. I've often partaken of that fine Shiraz.

Another goodie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

buckfast.jpg

*hic*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Oh brother!

14.99 will buy you 12 Prazky Beers.

Wine is for when the beer and spirits run out, not before.

Also perhaps to pretend one is civilised when with the outlaws at dinner.

But to CHOOSE wine? Surely not!!!!!!!:confused:

There will be a sewing thread next!

I am of course guessing at prices as i wouldn't know!
    Might have overheard some wimmin at the offie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Might as well kick it off.

1997 Chateau Musar Red @14%. A Lebanese beauty to be consumed with some respect. Top class :D

[Mexican accent]Lesbian wine? Lesbian wine? We don't need no stinking lesbian wine.[/Mexican accent]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A Lebanese beauty

The only lebanese beauties that I am interested in are the ones with pneumatic knockers and dodgy piercings that you see on Red Hot Carpet Munchers late at night.

Or am I thinking of something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What's with the grape juice thread?
    I'm sure there is a wimmins forum somewhere on this board, never looked but it's probably called wine and knitting.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Brothers I was out of beer at the time of writing :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Brothers I was out of beer at the time of writing :eek:

out of beer?? what do you mean?, i dont understand this ........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

excuses excuses, seriously tho like we've all done the wine appreciationweekend thingy but who would choose a bottle of wine over a sixpack of their favourite brew?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

who would choose a bottle of wine over a sixpack of their favourite brew?

Me & proud of it.

If that seems strange - remember that this forum was originally intended for guys with beer guts & receding hairlines. Not Viz-reading, whippet-thin youngsters with flowing locks who prop up the SU bar of an evening.

With age comes a certain refinement of taste. Sometimes this means that your drink of choice in certain circumstances may change. I far prefer a few glasses of a robust red of an evening now, rather than the cans of stout in days of yore.

And I wear pink shirts sometimes too.

And I was on the batter last Saturday night (don't get out too much these days with the kids & all that) & had to have a "lie down" on Sunday afternoon coz I was so fûcked! Now that made me feel more old & decrepit than any hair loss or weight gain. :o

Back on topic:
    OP - No specific wine, but have a real thirst for any Chilean Carmenère at the moment. Aresti do a particularly nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Hill Billy wrote:

:eek:

Hill Billy wrote:
    Me & proud of it.

If that seems strange - remember that this forum was originally intended for guys with beer guts & receding hairlines. Not Viz-reading, whippet-thin youngsters with flowing locks who prop up the SU bar of an evening.

With age comes a certain refinement of taste. Sometimes this means that your drink of choice in certain circumstances may change. I far prefer a few glasses of a robust red of an evening now, rather than the cans of stout in days of yore.

And I was on the batter last Saturday night (don't get out too much these days with the kids & all that) & had to have a "lie down" on Sunday afternoon coz I was so fûcked! Now that made me feel more old & decrepit than any hair loss or weight gain. :o

Back on topic:
    OP - No specific wine, but have a real thirst for any Chilean Carmenère at the moment. Aresti do a particularly nice one.

Good for you Brother Hill Belly ;)

Not so sure about the shirts though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Hill Billy wrote:
    With age comes a certain refinement of taste.
    Brother, surely you meant to say "with age comes a refusal to conform and a determination to go down fighting".

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Porta Cabernet Sauvignon - liquid velvet. Leaves you with a shocking hangover horn though, so it's one for a Friday night/Saturday morning in with the misses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Men talking about wine! :eek: My God, what's the world coming to? This thread is so, so wrong on so many levels! :mad:

As Al Murray, the Pub Landlord, would say........

"It's a pint for the fella, glass of white wine or fruit-based drink for the lady!"

That is all!

Now, for the love of God, please let normal service resume as soon as possible. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

smashey wrote:
    Brother, surely you meant to say "with age comes a refusal to conform and a determination to go down fighting".
    Perhaps Brother Dylan Thomas captured this sentiment best ... "Do not go gentle into that good night, old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

you'll have to forgive me Brothers for waxing so lyrical ... I am full of beer. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Brothers ... I think we can reconcile the worlds of BG & RH with our wine lovin' Brethern.
    I stumbled upon this site by accident, I swear ;)

QFT : Living large is not only the enjoyment of worldly luxuries but is a state of mind that every moment must be lived with a passion and boldness, understanding that time waits for no one.

I mean, that is just a beautiful sentiment.
    http://www.fatbastardwine.com/index2.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

wine is fine as long as its strong, red, and drank out of a mug.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This thread makes me sad :(

The older I get the more entrenched my views on subjects ranging from wine drinking, to pink shirts and encompassing things like students and 'people who are a bit different to me'.

They are all bad in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭thebookofbob

"Beelgara Black Shiraz 1502"

Haven't seen this around for a year or two.. it's 15% vol but very nice..
    Not cool to open the second bottle , the hangover will last the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭thebookofbob

for the sparkling fanatics try a Louis de Grenelle saumur brut.. I'd recommend going there & buying a good few cases.. not sure who imports here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

As far as wine goes, a Brother's only involvement should be turning up at Mrs.Brother's genteel dinner party armed with a bottle of Buckfast, a pint glass and a shirt with a three-day bang of stale fry-ups off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

There be one occasion when the choosing of red wine is acceptable. It now be Thursday nights when we are visited by the glorious (scumbags with style) Sopranos. After all these years I have reached the conclusion that the only to appreciate them properly is when gently drunk on a half decent or better red wine. Last week a nice Cotes de Rhone ( don't ask me the label its in the bottle bank by now) and this week a tasty SA Pinotage. Must find some top shelf Chianti for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Hard to top, tbh....what with it being my fave red 'n all :)

Not that I'd say no to a nice Salice Salentino Reserva, mind you.
    There's also a cracking local wine made from a rare, old grape, the name of which escapes me. I do know the nickname for the stuff is catspiss though.

On the white front...Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc would have to be up there.

Advertisement