Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camping trip to Strandhill

Options
  • 19-05-2007 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

For anyone with a classic VW (or a T3:D ) our club is heading to Strandhill in Sligo next weekend Fri May 25th to Sun May 27th

Check out the details on www.eircooled.com if interested - the more the merrier...just need to know the numbers for the campsite:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Hmm ...might just pop in at some stage (seenashow it's round the corner and seenashow I just brought the "new" T3 home :D )

Not exactly aircooled though :rolleyes: and not a camper either (never mind Westfalia)... I'll probably be shunned :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

It would be great if you have the time to come along - hope to head off for the spin at about 11am "ish" on Saturday.......you'll know the sights of Sligo very well!!!!

Camping on Friday and Saturday night too so pop over to meet the bunch - you'll be very welcome:)

T3 you say? There will be a T4 there too!!!! And a few T2's of course:D ...and beetles and tents etc:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,272 ✭✭✭✭fits

peasant wrote:
    Hmm ...might just pop in at some stage (seenashow it's round the corner and seenashow I just brought the "new" T3 home :D )

Not exactly aircooled though :rolleyes: and not a camper either (never mind Westfalia)... I'll probably be shunned :D

I take it you bought a syncro then?

@OP I wouldnt mind heading to Strandhill either. OH wants to go to Kerry, but we always go to Kerry. The prospect of investigating other vans might change his mind... We also have a T25 camper...

fits wrote:
    I take it you bought a syncro then?

yepp ...

(the things you do in the first flushes of a midlife crisis :D )

peasant wrote:
    yepp ...

(the things you do in the first flushes of a midlife crisis :D )

:D:D:D:D

My OH is undergoing a constant mid-life crisis so....

Those syncros are quite cool these days though, you'll be well hip and down with the youth..:D

Pics?

• Advertisement

pics?

nooo, not yet ...just arrived back last night ...

But by sheer coincidence :D I found one on the net that looks just like it:
    (it even is the same colour an' all :D )

e941_27.JPG

sorry @ folkswagen ...for hijacking your thread

V cool...
    I've seen quite a few of them over the last few days for some reason.

One reason could be that the German army is currently disposing of the "last of the mohicans".

There is quite a batch of them for sale recently ...but there won't be many more coming after them.

We like the rugged Syncros too:D

Bring them along to Strandhill - all are welcome!!!!!:)

Myself and OH are 90% sure we'll head to Strandhill... do you need definite numbers?
    It'll make a change from my beloved Dingle Peninsula which is where we were planning on going
    Does the campsite accept dogs?

Peasant it'd be cool to meet you too... I'm sure you'll recognise the dogs... the T25 is dark burgundy/brown with a high top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Hi Fits

We've always had dogs with us when camping at Strandhill. No problems ;)

fits wrote:
    Myself and OH are 90% sure we'll head to Strandhill... do you need definite numbers?
    It'll make a change from my beloved Dingle Peninsula which is where we were planning on going
    Does the campsite accept dogs?

Peasant it'd be cool to meet you too... I'm sure you'll recognise the dogs... the T25 is dark burgundy/brown with a high top.

See you in Strandhill then so:D

Here is a link to some campsite details

http://www.camping-ireland.ie/caravan-parks/camping.php?id=88

Good to meet you, Fitz & Co and Peasant at Strandhill:) Great weekend:D

Yes it was a lovely weekend, and good to meet you all. We really liked Sligo too.

Advertisement