Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Vice Captain

Options
  • 18-05-2007 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

This season has confirmed to me that Felipe is not captain material.

A. I dont feel that OHs should captain a team.
    B. No player as fiery and emotional on the field as Felipe should captain.
    C. A team with this back line should arguably be captained from the pack
    D. He lacks the temprement, Munster Wasps.......

He takes too much on himself and tries to run at defences too often. This is all well in good when he is burrowing past 3 Glasgow defenders in Donnybrook to score 2 tries but he is unable to do this against the stronger teams ( who can? but he still tries! ) and away from home we suffer too.

We have some quality material coming in:

Jennings Ireland A captain on Churchill Cup last year, Leicester star in their all conquering team.
    Cullen, capatined Leinster on occasion before he went also captained Leicester on occasion
    Jamie Heaslip, I think he is 3rd captain based on his captaining of a game in Donnybrook this season, that should stick, man for the future. Like BOD he leads through his work ethic.
    Keep Felipe in charge?

Its handy if the vice capt. is NOT in the Irl set up, obviously, who will this apply to above - Phil aside....

Leave the backs to be impulsive and unpredictable and keep the coolness and organisation up front in a pack which needs to start to work more for Leinster.

Any other candidates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'd go Jennings or Cullen.

Another candidate might be D'Arcy or even Hickie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

id go with jennings myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

RuggieBear wrote:
    i'd go Jennings or Cullen.

Another candidate might be D'Arcy or even Hickie

Well Hickie has not too much rugby left surely and Darcy will be away when BOD is on 6N duty, thats for sure.

With competition for back and 2nd row Jennings or Cullen luckily/unluckily may not get Irish call ups........These guys look best.

Advertisement