Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Gothic (6 Disc Set) - [€18.49@Play.com]

Options
  • 18-05-2007 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

As Title From SendIt
    http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000109171

A whopping 16.5 hours of watching. Seems a good price for that amount of viewing alone.

I only vaguely remember this but I do remember it scaring the bollox off me when I was a kid.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111880/
    In some ways reminiscent of David Lynch's TWIN PEAKS, this eerie drama series concentrated on the dark and often disturbing truths hidden beneath the surface of a small American town. Set in Trinity, South Carolina, AMERICAN GOTHIC succeeded in its one-season run to intrigue viewers with its mysterious storylines and macabre undertones. Gary Cole heads up the cast as Sheriff Lucas Buck, Trinity's knight in shining armor. Much of the plot revolves around Buck's attempts to get closer to his illegitimate young son, Caleb Temple (Lucas Black), who has always been told that his father was a man named Gage. Inspiring the curiosity of the local doctor and other neighbours, Caleb and the sheriff become the talk of the town. The sleepy community get even more stirred up when Caleb's cousin Gail comes to town with the goal of protecting the boy. And, to complicate things, someone else also has Caleb's best interests in mind: his dead sister Merlyn, now an angel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Just a word of warning for anyone buying this - I was googling to see could I find it cheaper, and it seems that the last episode is episode 18 (of 22) on the DVDs. It looks like the remaining 4 eps weren't shown in the US, and seem to fit in between some of the earlier episodes.
    There's a list of the correct order here (assuming it's correct!)

Thanks for the link, seriously thinking about buying this!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nice wan, just bought it now. been looking around for this for a while. Never saw it on de telly but sounds like my cup of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

So the last 4 eps or so are in the wrong order ?

Thats grand, I printed the list you linked to and ill make sure I watch them correctly, thanks!

BlahDvd have it for €24.99 if you want to save 50c but its not in stock at the mo !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

This is now €20.49 on Play.com, link here.
    Special Features

* Deleted scenes
    * Regions 2/4/5

Review

In some ways reminiscent of David Lynch's Twin Peaks, this eerie drama series concentrated on the dark and often disturbing truths hidden beneath the surface of a small American town. Set in Trinity, South Carolina, American Gothic succeeded in its one-season run to intrigue viewers with its mysterious storylines and macabre undertones.

Gary Cole heads up the cast as Sheriff Lucas Buck, Trinity's knight in shining armor. Much of the plot revolves around Buck's attempts to get closer to his illegitimate young son, Caleb Temple (Lucas Black), who has always been told that his father was a man named Gage. Inspiring the curiosity of the local doctor and other neighbours, Caleb and the sheriff become the talk of the town. The sleepy community get even more stirred up when Caleb's cousin Gail comes to town with the goal of protecting the boy. And, to complicate things, someone else also has Caleb's best interests in mind: his dead sister Merlyn, now an angel.

Episodes Comprise:

1. Pilot
    2. A Tree Grows in Trinity
    3. Eye of the Beholder
    4. Damned If You Don't
    5. Dead to the World
    6. Meet the Beetles
    7. Strong Arm of the Law
    8. Rebirth
    9. Resurrector
    10. Inhumanitas
    11. The Plague Sower
    12. Doctor Death Takes a Holiday
    13. The Beast Within
    14. To Hell and Back
    15. Learning to Crawl
    16. Triangle
    17. The Buck Stops Here (1)
    18. Requiem (2)
    19. Potato Boy
    20. Ring of Fire
    21. Echo of Your Last Goodbye
    22. Strangler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Now €18.49@Play.com.

860573x.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ah I remember watching this when it was on many moons ago. Hmmn to buy or not.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Reminiscent of Twin Peaks, eh?

Does it end 'properly'? Loose ends abundant? Plot holes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Jesus, over a year ago and I still haven't put even one disc of this into the DVD player :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

c - 13 wrote: »
    Jesus, over a year ago and I still haven't put even one disc of this into the DVD player :o

i bought it about 4 years ago and haven't watched a minute of it either!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Looks interesting, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement