Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listen to this awesome Rach 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Listening to it at the moment, and personally (despite what I would deem a masterbatory intro :p), I think he has excellent technique. I'm still waiting for the 2nd movement. In my opinion, its the most important element of this work.

Side note: this is my favourite piano concerto (so far) by any composer (that I've heard) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

First of all, thanks for posting this - its the best interpretation of Rachmaninov's Second Piano concerto that I've heard in quite some time. :)

The second movement was excellent. He handled his touch carefully, and it showed. My one gripe was the famous minor turn section - I think he was a bit too hasty.

The third movement was everything it should be - BOMBASTIC! His ascensions and descensions were brilliant - attention to both tempo and rhythm.

One other note is that the orchestra were on top form and so was the conductor.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

First of all, thanks for posting this - its the best interpretation of Rachmaninov's Second Piano concerto that I've heard in quite some time. :)

Agreed. The only other recording which i think is better is the one by Rachmaninov himself with the Philadelphia orchestra in 1929. Its available for a good price on naxos. Well worth investing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

That kicked ass. Thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

After hearing this piece in an anime, I just loved it. Just rummaged through my music collection and found the one by Rach himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Just listening to it now, this is really good! Lovely expansive phrasing and powerful playing. Not to mention an excellent technique.

Advertisement